rumors

Travel discussion for St. John
lprof

rumors

Post by lprof »

"Heard" this morning that Island Blues is closing... anyone know the facts?
... no longer a stranger to paradise
Coden

Post by Coden »

Noooooooooooooo...I hope this isn't true!!!
Coden
CariBert

Post by CariBert »

Just curious, Iprof, what kind of connection do you have in St. John. You seem to be the first to come up with a lot of info that trickles down much later. Don't get me wrong, I for one, really appreciate your input and I usually read everything you post, but curiosity is getting to me. Do you have a relative or good friend on the Island that gives you all this info?

Ooooooor, are you really on St. John and just put your location as Florida by your name? hmmmmmmm anyways,

Keep the info rolling, Iprof! I know I'm not the only one who appreciates it! :wink: :D

-Bert
The liver is evil, it must be punished!

jaq w

Post by jaq w »

It's for sale. It was on St. John News in May.

http://barnako.typepad.com/news_of_st_j ... -sale.html
jaq w

Post by jaq w »

:oops: Oops - that's Shipwreck Landing! :oops:
loria

Post by loria »

i heard that they were clsoing too--lost their lease I think
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
Joppa

Post by Joppa »

I "heard" it too. I know the business has been for sale, but they apparently don't own the building. That would probably make for a tough sale. My guess is that it hasn't sold and the people need to move on. I hope someone grabs all the old signs and puts them somewhere else.
GraysonDave

Post by GraysonDave »

@CruzBayRealty tweeted it this morning in the form of a question - first I'd heard it.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

"heard" it too...on Twitter.
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

I saw it this morning on Frank's website.
lprof

Post by lprof »

CariBert wrote:Just curious, Iprof, what kind of connection do you have in St. John. You seem to be the first to come up with a lot of info that trickles down much later. Don't get me wrong, I for one, really appreciate your input and I usually read everything you post, but curiosity is getting to me. Do you have a relative or good friend on the Island that gives you all this info?
Ooooooor, are you really on St. John and just put your location as Florida by your name? hmmmmmmm anyways,
Keep the info rolling, Iprof! I know I'm not the only one who appreciates it! :wink: :D
-Bert
Bert, thanks... this brings me a smile... I have friends on the island, but they are simply friends, not informants! :shock:

I spend far too much time watching the island from afar (yes, I do live in Florida) through many Facebook connections, Twitter, assorted blogs, forums, and so on. You see, I have not been on St John since 11/2009, and I am getting very eager to get back!

While I am pouring out all my secrets, I will add that I am not a lawyer or a law professor... my name is Linda and I am married to a professor... thus I am lprof. I have been asked these questions recently... so will end those rumors as well.

I enjoy this forum and all its members; there is information, humor, terrific trip reports and photos shared, and a wonderful sense of being connected to paradise; if I can offer anything positive, I am glad to do so.
... no longer a stranger to paradise
CariBert

Post by CariBert »

Thanks Iprof! Nice to meet you, and I hope you can get back to "Da Islans" real soon! Looks beautiful down there these days!

-Bert
The liver is evil, it must be punished!

StJohnRuth

Post by StJohnRuth »

When we saw this we went directly to Joan and Jeff at Island Blues to let them know about the rumor circulating and to ask them what the story was.

Jeff from Island Blues said:

"Well it's Summer on the island and things are getting boring so to make
things interesting people seem to like to manufacture rumors and create a
frenzy. No Island Blues is not for sale! No we did not lose our lease. Yes
the signs on the ceiling are safe and sound.

That said everyone has a price. Does someone want to make me an offer? ;)"

I believe he sent the same message to Frank as a result of our inquiry.
loria

Post by loria »

Thanks for investigating Ruth--interesting...wonder how the scuttlebut got started....?
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
54b

Post by 54b »

Ruth...Bert would like to know just what is your connection to St. John, your whereabouts on the night of 14th and why you're letting facts get in the way of a good rumor?

While you're under the bright light, I'd also like to know the secret ingredient to the Grill Rub and whether or not it's true that Whiff of the Jumbie coffee is a natural antidote for Cafe Roma 10 pound cheese pizza colon blockage.

Perhaps I have said too much.
It’s not about yesterday or tomorrow...It’s about today, for come what may – Sun, rain, or hurricane – we've only time for a smile, and none for sorrow