sea spirit?

Travel discussion for St. John
sherpa

sea spirit?

Post by sherpa »

Has anyone stayed at Sea Spirit? Thoughts? Is it too far off the beaten path; amenities, breezes, bugs, etc.?

Alternatively, any suggestions for small(for couple) place with a pool or hot tub...privacy, view, a/c in bdrm; under $2000 for third week of July.
thanks!

p.s. any recommendations on Jeep rentals these days
loria

Post by loria »

never stayed there, but it has been on our list for a long time--it is a bit off the beaten path --down a dirt road overlooking Grootpan beyond salt pond--if that's okay by you--then i'd say go for it!!
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
deejayjay

Post by deejayjay »

Haven't stayed there, but visited twice. Know the owner. It is very private and isolated. Right on the water. Beautiful waves crashing on the rocks. No water access unless you're into rapelling. It's located on the point between kiddle and groutpan. Both are excellent pristine snorkeling areas. Cheerful cottage. I would rent directly from the owner, she's great to deal with and is an excellent host on the island. It is however quite a drive, but that's what makes it private.
mark & susan

Sea Spirit

Post by mark & susan »

We drove out there and visited on our last trip, a left just past Salt pond then a bumpy road for 3-4 minutes.

Very pretty location, nice older cottage. No deck to sun on, instead a porch. Very quiet, private, scenic.

I think Flip-Flop stayed there this spring? You might look for her posts.

I love the location but a bit far out I think for us - about 10-15 back into Coral Bay and 45-55 minutes to Cruz?
pjayer

Post by pjayer »

Hi, sherpa. DH and I stayed at Waterklip the past two years. It's not fancy, but meets your requirements. The location is great - close to Cruz Bay but offers privacy. We loved the pool, deck, and view, and it appears to be available during July. If you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

Here's the link on VRBO. (It's managed by an on-island company whose name I can't remember. But we were pleased with their service.)

http://www.vrbo.com/333876#rates
When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else. – Mark Twain
msgcolleen

Post by msgcolleen »

We stayed at Sea Spirit in 2008. Loved the seclusion and great snorkeling at Grootpan Bay within walking distance. It is a heck of a drive out there and the dirt road to get to the house is a real eye opener at first, but if you're planning on a relaxing trip with not a lot of driving all over the island, Sea Spirit would be perfect for 2.

Here's my old trip report with pics.
http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/f ... e771d54946

:wink: Colleen
I've got 2 tickets to paradise~Pack your bags we'll leave tonight!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Coden

Post by Coden »

msgcolleen - that was a Great trip report and pictures. And, even though it is 3 years old, I enjoyed reading it very much! :)
Coden
lprof

Post by lprof »

We stayed at Sea Spirit in October, 2006... this was our first trip to STJ. Sea
Spirit is a lovely cottage perched on the edge of a cliff on the South Shore between
Grootpan and Kiddel Bays. The sounds of the waves were wonderful, as were the views.
The road was a bit rough, especially for newbies, but we loved being so close to Salt Pond, and the Lameshur Bays. The driveway ends at Sea Spirit, so there is no traffic going by except for an occasional boat in the water below. Details for the rental were easily worked out with the owner, Terry, and we had a very pleasant stay. We did not use the hot tub, grill or washer/dryer this trip... not hot tub users, had many restaurants to try this first trip, and took way too many clothes to begin with, so no laundry needs! :roll: The only negative that comes to mind is that early on October that year the Trade Winds had not appeared and the cottage was hot; the bedroom had a window AC unit that was noisy and not too effective. After five years, it is likely there have been some changes made, but the wonder of such a special private location will never fade.
I have found some photos to share on Flickr...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/floridalin ... 030334390/
... no longer a stranger to paradise