Capn Dan and Ruby's StJ/Lovango - day 7(Lovango 1)

Travel discussion for St. John
Capn Dan and Ruby

Capn Dan and Ruby's StJ/Lovango - day 7(Lovango 1)

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

(Note: I tried to get the video of coming over ready to put in this post, but it is going to take a long time and I know that every one is waiting on this report. All the pictures are at the end of the report.)
Or should I say day 1 of Lovango! The day started with lots of rain, coffee and breakfast. We had a great visit with Collett of 6 paq last night. She is so much fun. We had beers and crackers at CV1 along with great conversation. We packed most of the stuff before bed, but of course I got up at the crack of dawn :roll: , and as usual I was stressing about getting everything done on time. Note to self…STOP STRESSING :shock: !!! We were done and ready to go really early, like 7:30, and Carribian Villas doesn’t even open until 9 am, and I know that Marcie does not want to come and pick us up that early :roll: , so we hung out then went and got coffee and a muffin at Deli Grotto.

Finally it was time to call Marcie! :D We dumped our stuff at the park dock and Dan went to turn in our car at Suttons. I like dealing with Sutton’s. It was still raining, but I wanted to make bording the dingy quicker so, I moved all the things that could get wet out to the end of the park dock. I finished just in time to see Marcie coming up. Capn Dan was not there yet and I felt a little panicky, (note to self…STOP STRESSING :shock: ) she and I started to transfer the load to the dingy(remember we came over with carry on only…Ha! :roll: We loaded that dingy!), and up walks Capn Dan. We loaded the boat and off we went. Remember the rain (storm) I mentioned earlier, well we had quite a rough ride over and the transfer to the dock on Lovango was a challenge :shock: , but Marcie handled it like a pro!

On the way over, she said that she felt so bad that we were having bad weather that she felt we would be much more comfortable in the main house. :shock: What did you say again Marcie… I thought you said that we just got upgraded to the main house… :shock: yes I was not mistaken. :shock: :shock: :shock: OMG!!!!! After we brought up our bags, she showed us around and demonstrated how to work things. Yes, I was still pinching myself! We died on that trip over didn’t we???? It is amazing! :D :D :D After she left we just couldn’t talk, we just sat on the porch with our mouths open… even with bad weather (by this time it was just misting, but the seas were still pretty rough.). We sat there and just enjoyed the view. I finally shook myself loose to take some pictures, and then we sat some more. I did feel that I needed to PM MSGColleen to tell her, and face booked a couple of people, but getting on the computer with a view like that to look at just seemed a serious waste of time. Later Capn Dan and I took a little walk on the beach and up the dock, fixed some spaghetti and a salad with the last of Josephine’s greens, ate, fixed a drink and relaxed in the dark until time for bed. GOD IS GOOD, LIFE IS GOOD!!!! (So much for asking God to stop the rain… He always knows best!!! :wink: )

(I Labled some stuff, but if you want to know what something is is let me know)

Didn't take a picture of the pllace the first day, this is later in the week. What can I say ... It was raining , and I was stunned! :roll:

THe water ws rougher than this when we got there!

Cool Art everywhere!!!

Path to the M. Bedroom with the waterfall coy pond.

ImageImage

Muhaha

Post by Muhaha »

Awesome! We are staying there in 2012 and have been looking forward to your post. Can you provide some photos of the beach and also give us a feel for the water around the property in future TR updates?
msgcolleen

Post by msgcolleen »

*AWESOMENESS*
I've got 2 tickets to paradise~Pack your bags we'll leave tonight!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Coden

Post by Coden »

Can I say Oh My Gawd??!! Well, oh my gawd!! I guess I didn't really understand what Lovango was all about. I thought you were just moving to another villa in another section of STJ.

So, you take a boat over, and all of your food, etc?

Awesome!! :D
Coden
Connie

Post by Connie »

Wow, Wow, Wow!!! We were thinking about you guys over on that island. Too bad we had to cut our trip short and couldn't get together.

I would love to stay there!

Great report!
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
lisa mcg

Post by lisa mcg »

Looks INCREDIBLE!!!! Can't wait for more 8)
all you have to do is smile, smile, smile
Wanda Creech

Post by Wanda Creech »

WOW, what else can you say. It looks amazing.
Beach Creecher
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

looks like a great place and how sweet to get the unexpected upgrade- gotta love surprises like that!
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
greyhoundmom

Post by greyhoundmom »

Definitely the good karma that once in while drops in your lap. Because of all the stress, the Big J was thinking about you and throwing out that gem that makes you smile and say, "Why did I worry about all the bad weather!" Love you, J :D
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

Looks Great !!!! cant wait for more ...
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Would it be possible to stay at there and rent a boat for your stay so you could get back and forth to STJ on your own? I can't remember much about the distance and normal water conditions.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

That house is so beautiful! How lucky that you were upgraded. :D
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Capn Dan and Ruby

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

We were indeed blessed!!!

I would think you could rent a dingy for a week. If I were only doing Lovango that is what I would do. I really liked what we did and as you will see in future reports it worked out the best for us. We Stayed on STJ with the car and went and did STJ to our hearts content for the first week. Then when we got to Lovango for the second week all was good and we just enjoyed Lovango. I think I would schedule a boat trip for the day while you were there, just to break things up a bit. We originally had a dive scheduled, but you will see later that fortune smiled on us once agian duing the week. :D

I will talk about snorkeling and the water later. Sorry I have been kinda slow getting TRs out because we are also renovating a house with our youngest and her husband, babysitting my fabulous grandson, and taking care of my elderly mother. :)
Backtotheislands

Post by Backtotheislands »

Too cool! 8)