Atlantis

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
XOXO

Atlantis

Post by XOXO »

I did a search of of VIOL and saw that there are a lot of posters with experience with Atlantis and even someone who is a Harborside owner. Our last trip to Atlantis we stayed at Harborside. This trip is are staying at the Royal Towers on the Imperial floors. We got in on the deal they are advertising now with free breakfast, 4th night free, and $250 flight rebate.

So, normally we staying somewhere with a kitchen and make a lot of our meals. I am looking forward to having a break from that but I don't want to break the bank with overpriced meals. So, what are your budget friendly suggestions?? We will get some snacks because of booking the Imperial floor -- by they way, has anyone stayed there?? So, really we just need dinner suggestions. The pools close at 7PM so we will likely want to go out for dinner to Nassau for the evening.

Also, last time we did a lot of the biggest attractions. We did the segway tour, the PowerBoat adventures, and barefoot sailing. Now, don't think I am crazy after mentioning above that I want budget friendly meals, but we are up for anything when it comes to activities.

There has to be beaches to visit, right? Are there any parks that we can BBQ at? We are going to be there 8 days and I am sure we will want to get away for a while.

TIA
bdkane

Post by bdkane »

Atlantis and budget friendly??? (its like STJ and Budget)those words should not be used in the same sentence together :shock:

Kidding aside, if you have access to the imperial club you've got it made! awesome happy hour, lots of food and drinks - take full advantage.

Some budget friendly dinner meals would be Johnny Rockets or the Marina Pizza, nice place to get a pie and bottle of wine and sit outside an drool over the million dollar yachts. There is also a buffet in the Royal tower - I think its called the market place, Ive only been there for breakfast thought- its "budget" for the Atlantis, I think $17, you wont need to eat for the rest of the day! they also dont mind if you pack a couple of snacks... every time we left we would grab a couple of bananas or those small boxed cereals for the kids - always encouraged by staff (TIPS). One item that gets costly, especially with kids is drinks, soda or water are refillable at the self serve stand in the center of the property near the main pool, BUT by mid afternoon there is generally no ice and the machines are down.

Some great non budget meals can be had at Mesa Grill, Carmines and Lucianos of Chicago (this one is off property)

I could do without Seafire or Chopstix, both good but overpriced and small portions

There are a couple of small beaches just near the Atlantis, Paradise beach (I think thats what its called)the cove and the public beach(I believe its called Cabbage Beach) with the jet ski and other rentals, these beaches are NOTHING compared to ST John beaches. The only other beach Ive been to was Cable beach, it was probably about 8 years ago, I dont really recall what it was like- sorry.

Feel free to shoot me a PM with any questions.
martini girl

Post by martini girl »

We've stayed on the Imperial Club level a number of times and really loved it. A really nice casual breakfast, cocktail hour, and evening dessert selection is included if you stay there. The service is great, and you get to check in at a different area instead of waiting in line with everyone else.

The breakfast buffet at Marketplace, which is one of the restauarants included in the freebie, is excellent, although we always made a good meal of the breakfast offered in the Imperial Club.

Not sure how you define "budget" meals, but there's not much to be found in the way of inexpensive meals in Atlantis. The lunch combos at the counter-service pool restaurants are reasonable and the portions at Carmine's are enough to justify the price. We love the Bahamian Club, a great steakhouse. You can check out all the restaurant menus online, with prices.
We've never ventured off-property so I can't speak to other restaurants. Have fun!
Ron in South Texas

Post by Ron in South Texas »

We stay at Harborside and have never eaten at a restaurant at Atlantis except for the Sharkbites. We take all of our food like we do when we go to St John. We did figure out that the soft drink dispensers at all of the snack/burger places are all self serve. We washed our cups out and used them for 3 days...lol. We ate at Senor Frogs in town a couple of times and we had pizza delivered. If you haven't done a snorkel tour with Stuart Coves, I would recommend a morning trip. It gets pretty choppy in the afternoon. There are very few water fountains...so we took water bottles and crystal lite...
It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
XOXO

Post by XOXO »

Wow! Great tips! The advice you gave is exactly what I was looking for. I was going to stop at the store for water and pop but I will just get a cup at the self serve place and use that. I will still want water for the room but I won't lug the bottles along to the pool.

I was worried about the imperial level but I feel a lot better about that.

Ron, I wanted to stay at harbor side but they were sold out--this was very last minute.

Thank you! I knew I could count on the forum. I will book Stuarts cove when we get there and report back. I was torn between 3 of them. We are scuba certified now so a dive might be in order.
XOXO

Post by XOXO »

Ron, I love getting the cups and refilling. Can I refill with anything other than pop? I would love water refills and I have read there aren't any water fountains.

Also, Ron, or anyone who has gone with Stuarts . . . how is the ride to their location. The reviews all say it is a 30+ minute drive. Is there any scenery? Is it in a packed smelly bus?? I just can't decide between them, flying cloud, and Island Adventures. We went with Powerboat Adventures and LOVED Exuma. That is weighing on my decision (the longer ride to Stuarts and loving).

Martini girl, we are going to try the Bahamian Grill and Marketplace. Part of our deal is free breakfast so we will probably use Marketplace and Mosaic for that.

Please excuse my rambling . . . I am just finalizing the planning. Thank you for your help!