Lifeguard stands

Travel discussion for St. John
JT

Post by JT »

When you find yourself in a hole.... quit digging.
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

See, no need to get your panties in a bunch :lol:
(sorry, I just love that phrase)

Happy Sunday, Folks!
Connie

Post by Connie »

I did some checking online and they're actually called lifeguar "towers". Looks like they cost alot of money.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
pjayer

Post by pjayer »

I consider myself a pretty observant person. We were there last week, and to be honest, I didn't notice them until my spouse pointed them out. They don't really bother me, but they are certainly different. It's only one beach, so I'm with XIG on this one. There are way more important things to get excited about. For example, the new pavers at JJ's and the park, double yellow lines on the roads, and being offered only one welcome rum shot (despite hinting broadly that a second was needed) at the CB ferry dock. This last issue really burns my bum. :evil:
When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else. – Mark Twain
BuffaloGal

Post by BuffaloGal »

Just wracking my brain to figure out which beaches, besides Trunk Bay and Cinnamon, where these alien creatures are invading. Sorry, but are they really that prevalent?
bdkane

Post by bdkane »

Connie wrote:I'm sorry, I'm just laughing...lol lol

OK, lifeguards are there to save your life and they should be comfortable, but those things are UGLY!

I agree 100%, while safety should obviously be the main issue,MUST they be so intrusive ?

Id love to know what they actually cost...
suzanna945

Post by suzanna945 »

"Open the pod bay door, Hal." :D

Boston Mike

Post by Boston Mike »

I won’t be the first to say “dang those things are ugly.”

Do they fit in with the island surroundings? I would say absolutely not. If they need them and it makes the life guards comfortable, so be it. Besides, we haven’t been back to Trunk Bay since our first trip down.
Life begins where the land ends!