villa help please

Travel discussion for St. John
ellena

villa help please

Post by ellena »

Sorry -somehow my comment got posted several times.

If the house is listed which several companies, which company do you prefer to work with?

Can anyone compare views between Colibri and Alessandra villas? Thank you very much.
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

I've stayed at Alesandra a bunch of times The view is to die for. The sunsets are great. Pool is very private :wink: . and Kathy at island getways is great to work with. I like to ask the booking agent if they hold the calender for the property so you are dealing with the person that if you have problems they can take care of them.
Tom
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

we will be at Allesandra in 15 days. if there is anything in particular you want pictures of or questions about, feel free to PM me and we can check it out for you. We have visited friends there before so know the property.
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
ellena

villa help please

Post by ellena »

Thanks - I would be interested in your review .You must like it if you have seen it and now are choosing to stay there.Alessandra is quite a bit less than Colibri and I wonder if there is a big difference. We don't need luxury , comfortable with great views and easy access to cruz bay. I feel that I better decide before your visit or the villas might be gone. anybody have an opinion regarding calypso del sol?
petepie

Post by petepie »

Liamsaunt did a comprehensive review of Colibri, it looked beautiful. One thing to consider is that Colibri is out on Maria Bluff, right on the water, whereas Allesandra is up on the hill overlooking Chocolate Hole. Both look like they've got great views, but from different perspectives.
ellena

villa help please

Post by ellena »

thanks, i talked to the manager's of colibri today and they said there is building going on during the day. I did pm liamsaunt about colibri. The idea of a higher view is appealing, but allesandra seems to have good views as well.

I would like to know if anybody has any ideas about renting a sailboat for the day. My son races and sails and would like to either rent a large boat , but would settle for small boats.
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

LOVED Sago Palms.
Just wonderful!
Smiles-
MJ
PS-
EagleRay & Augie-
Have fun!
ellena

villa help please

Post by ellena »

When were you last there? How did you feel about the drive in? It sounds like it doesn't put you off.Thanks. Ellen
snorkelqueen

Post by snorkelqueen »

The views and deck at Allesandra are to die for! Send me a pm with your email address if you'd like and I'll send you videos I took of the view and the sunsets. Waterguy suggested Allesandra to me last year when I was looking for villa help and I couldn't have been happier with my choice.
papabou

Post by papabou »

never stayed at allesa. but have driven by numerous times when staying at treasure ridge and magic view just above. the views from upper rockridge rd are some of the best on the island. alles has what we enjoy in stj villas, high western views and pool, living and bedrooms on same level. she always gets great reviews & only reason we haven't stayed there never available for our last minute travels.

we have also stayed several times on maria bluff at natilus just past colibri and love the views there and the sound of the surf and closer views of boating activity. passed on colibri last summer to stay in a villa on contant but not cliff side to have one level living but after fact wished we had chosen colibri.

don't believe you can go wrong with either. while both are short drive to cruz bay, alles is shorter but there's a bad blind left turn onto south shore rd from rockridge when heading toward town. going to is no proble since left turn from left lane.

papabou
papabou

Post by papabou »

failed to mention in last post but i believe colibri's rate includes ac in living area while there is a sev hundred dollar extra charge for great room ac at alles. west facing villas get a lot of heat buildup in afternoons and that was reason were were so unhappy on contant last summer; hot as hades.

papabou
ellena

villa help please

Post by ellena »

thanks for input. ellen
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

Alles has an amazing sunset view and great layout. i love the deck and hope the iguana is still hanging out in the tree!! we have had lots of fun with friends who have stayed in years past!

Thanks Majo Jim for the well wishes - I CANNOT WAIT- we need this vacay! :D
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
ellena

villa help please

Post by ellena »

Thanks and have a great vacation.
ellena

villa help please

Post by ellena »

Hi all, Pretty settled on alessandra because rental agent said there is a bit of building going on near colibri and a bit put off by sago palms road. Last minute wondering about calypso del sol. Any input? Thank you.