"Name Your Price" Villa Discount.... Nice!

Travel discussion for St. John
2catlimit

"Name Your Price" Villa Discount.... Nice!

Post by 2catlimit »

8)
I like the way these people operate.
They say no reasonable offer refused.

Coconut Hill Cottage - Coral Bay
2 bedrooms plus a loft with 3 baths, sleeps 6
Nice screened porch and an excellent view.
Even has a pool.

http://www.vrbo.com/115186

Wish I could go. :cry:
Kathy Henion
andee515

Post by andee515 »

Weare staying the over Christmas, we will let you know how it is!
2catlimit

Post by 2catlimit »

That would be great.
Thanks.
There's a couple of video tours on Youtube done by 2 people staying there.
You don't get to see the bedrooms but the screened porch, living area and pool look pleasant and comfortable, and the view is very nice.
I look forward to hearing about it.
Hope you have a great time! 8)
Kathy Henion
ChipN

Post by ChipN »

It's a beautiful place. We stayed there two years ago on the same deal and loved it. It is HIGH above Coral Bay and is a bit of a drive to just about anywhere. But the views are incredible and the house is nice. The pool is small but sufficient and can be a bit cool but not too bad. We would definitely return. Let me know if you have any questions I can answer.
Chip
needmesomesun

Post by needmesomesun »

We met the owner while floating out deep in Francis Bay, he was very nice. He shared how he and his wife came to live on St. John. Friendly guy, seems like he would be a great landlord. We also me the couple staying there that week at Sweet Plantains one night (small world). They seemed very happy. We would definitely consider it for a future trip.
andee515

Post by andee515 »

ChipN wrote:It's a beautiful place. We stayed there two years ago on the same deal and loved it. It is HIGH above Coral Bay and is a bit of a drive to just about anywhere. But the views are incredible and the house is nice. The pool is small but sufficient and can be a bit cool but not too bad. We would definitely return. Let me know if you have any questions I can answer.
Chip
What month did you go? I was curious how cold the pool was gonna be
ChipN

Post by ChipN »

We were there over Labor Day Week. The pool was cool but not cold. It is in the shade early afternoon because of the mountain. The house is on the eastern face of the mountain so as the sun moves west it comes into the shade. It was a non issue for me or my wife and the pool is quite private.
2catlimit

Post by 2catlimit »

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the great information.

For ChipN,
You say that you stayed here under the same "Name your price" discount.
I was wondering if you mind sharing what your "Named price" was. If you would rather PM me that would be fine.
I understand talking money can be sensitive but it would be helpful to know what type of offers they're used to seeing and are okay with.
Anyhting less you can spend on the villa means more toward other expenses, but there's a fine line between the lowest offer acceptable to the owner :) and an insult. :shock:
I did have a couple of questions about the house, too.
I don't see pictures of the second bedroom downstairs.
How does it compare to the "master" that is shown? Do the downstairs bedrooms have any view?
Are the downstairs bedrooms accessible by exterior stairs only and if so, is the stair area covered at all?
Do each of the downstairs bedrooms have their own bath accessible directly from the bedroom?
Is the bath on the main floor a full one?
If you (or anyone else) have any pictures of the interior, especially the bedrooms, I'd love to see them.
Thanks again for everything. This has got us thinking that maybe we can eke out a late fall trip.
It's been way too long and we've got a little one that needs to be properly "baptized' in those beautiful blue waters. 8)
Kathy Henion
ChipN

Post by ChipN »

2cat,
I'll send you a PM on the cost. Here are some answers for you.

We didn't look at the second downstairs bedroom but it is smaller than the master. The master has direct access to a bath but the other downstairs bath is outside the second bedroom.

No real view from downstairs. There is a screened entry that has some storage cabinets outside the two bedrooms.

The upstairs bath is a full bath and we used that shower mostly as we found it to be the best set up.

We leave tomorrow for two weeks in the BVI/USVI but I can email you pics when we return of the St. John house. Send me your email in a PM.

The downstairs is only accessable via outside stairway and that stairway is NOT covered in any way.
2catlimit

Post by 2catlimit »

Thanks, Chip.
I found another site with pics of the second bedroom, and your answers are really helpful.
I'd would appreciate the pics when you get back and have time. No hurry. There's always so much catching up to do.
I hope you have a fantastic time. 8)
Best wishes.
Kathy Henion
rpplano

Post by rpplano »

ChipN wrote:We were there over Labor Day Week. The pool was cool but not cold. It is in the shade early afternoon because of the mountain. The house is on the eastern face of the mountain so as the sun moves west it comes into the shade. It was a non issue for me or my wife and the pool is quite private.
So, Augie could enjoy his morning coffee au natural?
2catlimit

Post by 2catlimit »

rpplano wrote:
ChipN wrote:We were there over Labor Day Week. The pool was cool but not cold. It is in the shade early afternoon because of the mountain. The house is on the eastern face of the mountain so as the sun moves west it comes into the shade. It was a non issue for me or my wife and the pool is quite private.
So, Augie could enjoy his morning coffee au natural?
Nice. I mean naughty....but nicely done. 8)
Kathy Henion
rpplano

Post by rpplano »

His picture was on the forum that day for about 12 minutes! I forget what topic caused it to happen. Something about morning coffee. So over the top funny. Augie is fearless.