Maho Beach

Travel discussion for St. John
klikesfins

Maho Beach

Post by klikesfins »

First time at Maho. What a beautiful beach!

These are the tarpon and rays that were on the beach this past week. The clearing you see around the objects is the bait fish swimming away.

You can see how close to shore the tarpon and rays were. So much fun.

Ohhhh..to be back there right now. For those of you that are there, enjoy one for me!
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

I hope they're doing that next week- will be fun to watch!! Great shots, and glad ya'll had fun.
P-600

Post by P-600 »

The tarpon were swimming right by us the third week in September. I'll bet they will be there for you!

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group
Jumper

Post by Jumper »

Early morning at Maho is priceless, my favorite beach on the island.
KyBuckeye

Post by KyBuckeye »

Thanks for the pics! We were just there this past Tuesday and saw the same, but didn't have cameras!
bsmiley

Post by bsmiley »

The baitfish were out in full force on Friday turning the water black along the shore. Tarpon and stingrays swimming (literally) against your legs and over your feet at times if you gave them the chance (very cool experience).

Outer water was pretty murky for Maho but we were able to see an eagle ray on Friday out in the deeper water and lots of turtles in shallow water.

No baitfish schools to speak of there on Saturday afternoon. Water was still pretty churned up and not very clear.