Best place to watch football?

Travel discussion for St. John
GraysonDave

Best place to watch football?

Post by GraysonDave »

In a huge surprise (to me anyway), it looks like my team will be playing in the SEC championship game.

What's the best venue for watching?
augie

Post by augie »

Tap Room - you can toast them if they win and cry in your beer WHEN they lose!

:wink:

Unfortunately, my beer has been pretty salty this year...
Come see us!
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

We watched the Rose Bowl at Skinny's on our first trip. Good, fun crowd. It's a good option if you're staying on the Coral Bay side.
GraysonDave

Post by GraysonDave »

Thanks to both of you, would likely have been my two guesses depending on which side of the island we find ourselves at the time.

augie, it's gonna be that way for a while until y'all realize you'll not win again as long as the UGA plant is coaching your team. :;
P-600

Post by P-600 »

I love High Tide they have three big screens, the food and drinks are awesome and the staff is super!

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group
BuffaloGal

Post by BuffaloGal »

All suggested are quite fun. Add Castaways to the list. Many TVs. Many games playing at once. Hope it's worth leaving the beach. I know two people who wish they hadn't left Hawksnest to watch the Bills get beat by the Jets last week. :)
Sumerwaters

Post by Sumerwaters »

The older I get the harder the decisions ....beach vs football. Castaways upstairs deck is a good spot-variety of foods. Quiet Mon is ok and you can bring food in-like Woodys from just below. A quieter but cool spot is Fish Trap Bar with ac and apps from bar.
Lindy

Post by Lindy »

I was just at Castaways week before last and it's definitely a sports bar. The waitress/bartender Anne Marie was very nice too. It's right next to Rhumblines right in the center of Cruz Bay. The TVs are upstairs.
GraysonDave

Post by GraysonDave »

Sounds like I have many options. Game doesn't start til 5PM island time so I'm not too worried about losing beach time. The real problem is that the game is on my wife's birthday, which is the reason I planned this trip in the first place. Not to mention it's our last full day on the island. And also the probability that we'll lose by 3-4 touchdowns.

I think we'll find ourselves somewhere within range of a tv for happy hour/birthday dinner.

Thanks, everyone.
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Last night at Lambeau field.
Tom