Villa Colorado or Morningside

Travel discussion for St. John
Sunny

Villa Colorado or Morningside

Post by Sunny »

Hi - Has anyone stayed in Villa Colorado or Morningside recently? These are two of our finalist villas for a May, 2012 trip and would appreciate any feedback.

We have never stayed in an open air type villa before so not sure how that will be.

Thanks!
ColatoStJohn

Morningside

Post by ColatoStJohn »

We stayed at Morningside about 5 years ago. It was nice, although the furniture was a bit dated. We really liked the open air concept and the doors roll up/down at the press of a button so the house can be closed up whenever you want. There were a LOT of birds around and they would sometimes fly into the house.

The bedrooms on the main floor are very nice, but I thought that the bottom floor bedrooms were much darker and not as desirable. We did like that the main floor bedrooms were interior access since our children were younger then.

We spent most of our villa time out on the pool deck - absolutely fabulous views. Pool and spa are small, but great for a quick dip.

I wouldn't classify it as a luxury villa, but a good solid villa with luxury views :-).
akersten

Post by akersten »

I'll be staying at Villa Colorado next week 12/3-10, I'll let you know after we get back.
Apr 2012 STJ: Waterklip
Dec 2011 STJ: Villa Colorado
Mar 2011 STX: Gentle Winds I-10
Jun 2010 STJ: Anole
May 2010 STX: Carambola Beach Resort
Dec 2007 STJ: Villa Bijou
Nov 2006 STJ: Idyllic
Mar 2003 STJ: Dreamcatcher
Nov 2002 STJ: Westin
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

Thanks so much for the information! I thought we had narrowed it down to those 2 but some are concerned about mosquitos at Villa Colorado since it is lower and we will be there in May.

We have added Cocotier, Coco Caribe, Le Espirt de la vie, and Infinity to the list now.

We are looking for 4 pretty equal bedrooms.
akersten

Post by akersten »

The bedrooms are equal at Villa Colorado and are quite spacious. The bugs aren't any worse here than at other villas I've stayed at nearby (that were higher up the hillside). I do have my usual number of bites... The pool is beautiful and the villa is nicer than the pictures show online. We like it a lot, the kitchen is nice. My only dislikes have been the water pressure in the shower. We were welcomed with soda, beer, rum, cheese, crackers, and fruit in a basket on arrival, which made up for the lack of paper towels and laundry detergent.
Apr 2012 STJ: Waterklip
Dec 2011 STJ: Villa Colorado
Mar 2011 STX: Gentle Winds I-10
Jun 2010 STJ: Anole
May 2010 STX: Carambola Beach Resort
Dec 2007 STJ: Villa Bijou
Nov 2006 STJ: Idyllic
Mar 2003 STJ: Dreamcatcher
Nov 2002 STJ: Westin