What is the best place you've ever stayed on St.John?

Travel discussion for St. John
pipergal

Post by pipergal »

ALL the places on STJ are my favorite, but if I had to pick ONE it would be Estate Fortsberg in Coral Bay with Miles Away in Rendevous Point being a close runner up (for a smaller group). See you on January 13th my dear St John!
Pipergal
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Allesandra is my Happy place
Tom
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

My favorite would be Second Wind in Reef Bay
Chip's favorite is Ilios
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Teresa_Rae wrote: We just rented Bay Rum Breeze this past August and it would come in second.
Glad to hear this, we will be there soon!

My favorite villa to date is Kallaloo. I love the style and location. It is my perfect STJ house.
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

Okay, totally biased I know, but I have to say Grande Bay (since I own there!).

But in terms of past trips, I enjoyed Casa Luna due to the amazing views and breezes.

Anywhere on St. John is awesome!
canucknyc

Post by canucknyc »

Sea Spirit, hands down. Wish we were going back there!
susan & herb

Post by susan & herb »

Let's see,

I would have to say Villa Carolina is our favorite. The views are amazing and the 3 bedrooms offer great privacy. We have stayed there 2X and are going back in May.

Have stayed at La Rivage on Rendevous Point 2X. Very nice villa but prefer Coral Bay side.

Last year stayed at Caribbean Jewels. Smaller than the other villas I mentioned, (and cheaper too) but a very well kept high end villa. It has 2 bedrooms with a narrow spiral staircase up to the second bedroom. The upper bedroom is just as large as the main floor bedroom. Views were excellent.

Villa Maria was our first stay on St John and we kind of relied on the mgmt co. to help us with a choice. The house is older and the main bedroom is set away from the house. Lot's of outdoor space, large pool.other bedrooms down stairs were kind of dark.
For our first time it was great, but we have since explored villas on our own and have come up with some great choices.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I have liked almost every house I've rented-all for different reasons. There is only one that I would definitely not rent again (there used to be another on my list but that house has since been renovated and now I would stay there again).

St. John is awesome no matter where you stay!
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Lori_jo

Post by Lori_jo »

We just got back from Coconuts! Fabulous is all I can say. Its remodeled and just wonderful!
Splash was the last one and it was also great. Great Cruz Bay by the water. Super cool!
Cant wait to go back!!
hoosierdaddy

Post by hoosierdaddy »

We stayed at Blue Tang 3 weeks ago and Loved everything about it. Great view of Great Cruz Bay. 8 Minutes from Cruz Bay. (It got faster each day) :lol:. Very secluded varanda.
Island Lizzard

favorite place

Post by Island Lizzard »

Far Niente is our favorite, very peaceful, well kept up and equipped, nice pool, awesome pool deck, close to town. Second is Points of View, not as nice a house, but panoramic views, peaceful too!
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

In our ten trips, we have only had a couple pools that were warm enough to use, so my vote goes for the one we just left last week, Great Turtle Villa, in Upper Carolina. Lots of privacy and very comfy furniture on the deck for taking in that fabulous view of Coral Bay and the valley! The pool got sun the entire day and made villa gravity days so enjoyable! 8)
JohnM

Post by JohnM »

I concur that staying almost anywhere on STJ is fine, but our favorite was Spellbound. Views are to-die-for.

Hawaii

Post by Hawaii »

The best and only villa we have stayed in was Casa Bueno this past summer. We would stay there again in a heart beat but want to try a different villa next time. Hopefully, that will come soon but we do know we will be back again. I just got done putting an album together for hubby of our vacation and it was so much fun going thru the pictures again. Can you tell we loved STJ.
rImage
Muhaha

Post by Muhaha »

Easy choice for me - Sunnyledge, for it's isolation and lush view. Perched over Francis Bay you feel as if you are the only villa on the island. I expect that my "favorite" list will soon be challenged as we will be staying on Lovango next time.

View from Sunnyledge deck.