Oleander Villa

Travel discussion for St. John
Pianogrl

Oleander Villa

Post by Pianogrl »

Has anyone stayed here? opinions/comments? Who reps them?

Thanks!
needmesomesun

Post by needmesomesun »

We stayed at Orchid villa several years ago, which is Oleanders twin right next door, and it was very nice. The location is really convenient and you can walk down to Klein Bay beach. Orchid villa had some nice remodeling work done and is in the same price range. I'd prefer Orchid over Oleander for that reason (if they are both open during the time frame you are looking into). We rented through Caribbean Villa when we stayed there. The views of the bay are exceptional from both.
burgec

Post by burgec »

Been 7 or so years since we stayed at Oleander. Decent privacy, fairly easy to get there, it is an older villa as stated on the Caribbean Villa website. Does have a nice view of the bay, saw some turtles from time to time. You can also walk down the street to the pebble beach but the snorkeling is pretty good.

It has been a while since we were there and some updating wouldn't hurt, did have cute garden shower. That said the ac in bedrooms was cold, pool clean and cool and grill and kitchen worked fine and we had a great time.

Always used Caribbean Villa with no problems. Like the fact they take care of the rental car for you.
Knolmom

Oleander Villa

Post by Knolmom »

Stayed at Oleander 4 years ago and enjoyed the stay. Traveled with DH, and my sister and her two boys. We styed in the upper King BR and the view was outstanding. Downstairs King was just as nice, but balcony was shaded by upper level. Walk straight out from that BR to the pool, and just across the deck is the living area. Nice eating areas both inside and a covered deck just off the kitchen. Didnt spend much time on the open deck because at the time I was still a smoker and sis didnt want smoking around the kids.
House was an older villa but very clean and nice comfortable furnishings. Views from all areas were dynamic and beautiful--best views we have had excepting our north shore stays. If you are visiting from April to October, I would not plan on using the open bedroom above the living area, as it was pretty hot up there. Also, although the house and decks were not buggy, that upstairs bedroom had quite a few mosquitos. Kids thought they would take their army men up there and build a fort, but the mosquitos drove them out. Perhaps someone left the doors open in the main house, and the buggies got in and did not leave. Again, no problem in any other areas of the house. As you know, the area is convenient, and nice to walk down to Klein. There was just a post on Palm Tree charters website with updated pics. I would not hesitate to rent this villa again. feel free to PM me.
Pianogrl

Post by Pianogrl »

Thank you so much for your insight/comments. Always learning new things about places on STJ from this forum!