st john vets bringing noobs...advice?

Travel discussion for St. John
Pia

Post by Pia »

Teenage girls...........no heels - flip flops only !!!
Realtor - St John Properties
Lex

Post by Lex »

We treasure our vacations too much to ever put them at risk. My wife and I have put on a lot of miles together and do well vacationing together. The only people we'll vacation with are old friends that we've lived with, camped with or traveled with in third world countries. If an old friend has a new spouse that we don't know well, we might agree to travel together, but wouldn't share a house. If it was someone who was untested, we wouldn't even want to be wherever we were going at the same time---although we'd be glad to help them plan a trip without us.

Sharing a house with three teenage girls--who were not my own---makes me shudder.

Going to the Caribbean certainly isn't like going to Tibet or up the Amazon, but it certainly isn't the mainland.
Steve S

Post by Steve S »

Hmm. If the teens are 15+, you better review the whole "they'll get served alcohol no problem deal" with the parents.
theoverman

Post by theoverman »

wow lex and the 4m thought i was being too demanding...i think the girls will do ok, they are not the over privileged types kinda naive and a little earthy crunchy so we thought stj would be a good fit.

the reason for the trip (like you need one) was grampa passed away last year at this time and instead of a big wake/funeral show he opted to take the money and give it to his 2 kids so the 2 families could go on a trip together instead.

we all voted stj and we hope to pick a little spot somewhere to sprinkle his ashes and salute the man who came from nothing in war torn belfast ireland to carve out a nice living for himself in the states, as well as set his family up in pretty good shape...i suspect the crew will be on their best behavior considering.
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

theoverman wrote:wow lex and the 4m thought i was being too demanding...i think the girls will do ok, they are not the over privileged types kinda naive and a little earthy crunchy so we thought stj would be a good fit.

the reason for the trip (like you need one) was grampa passed away last year at this time and instead of a big wake/funeral show he opted to take the money and give it to his 2 kids so the 2 families could go on a trip together instead.

we all voted stj and we hope to pick a little spot somewhere to sprinkle his ashes and salute the man who came from nothing in war torn belfast ireland to carve out a nice living for himself in the states, as well as set his family up in pretty good shape...i suspect the crew will be on their best behavior considering.
As a daughter of a WWII refugee (who always made me carry my own luggage, BTW) that made good in America, I love grandpa's idea and I suspect you all will have a great time! A little earthy crunchy goes a long way.