T&E trip report - Day 5 1/31/12

Travel discussion for St. John
luvinsun

T&E trip report - Day 5 1/31/12

Post by luvinsun »

Day 5:

I neglected to mention on yesterday’s trip report that we witnessed a wedding in progress on Megan’s Bay. It was just beautiful. They couldn’t have timed it better. The shimmers on the water added an incredible touch.

So, today we have our excursion on Daydreamer. This is an early morning (UGH!), so we promise each other that tomorrow will be a “sleep in” day. Isn’t that what vacations are for? So, we have a quick breakfast of cereal and toast, and out the door we go. We needed to be at the NP Ferry Dock at 8:20 to meet up with Daydreamer. According to Kayla in the office, there should only be about 17 people on this excursion, so we are excited to have this boat literally to ourselves.

So, we show up at the ferry dock around 8:15 and we are the first ones there. Next thing we know, here comes 6 people, then 4 more. So here comes Daydreamer, and there’s about 25 people (including our friends Sue and Ray) on that boat! I guess people saw the weather and decided they wanted to go! Smart!

Captain Glenn and his crew are AMAZING! We had Teal and Millie (who is 1 month away from becoming a Captain – What a nice young man!). And Teal, well she is just the sweetest girl. We head off to a cove right off Caneel Bay (I think it’s Honeymoon, but I wasn’t paying attention), and we get in a snorkel. It was a really nice little snorkel reef, with lots of colorful fish. However, there was a pretty good current, which made it a little tough to get back to the boat without getting tired, so I headed back to the boat, then saw a family of squid (my first squid sighting!), and a baby sting ray.
Next, we are onto Foxy’s and Jost Van Dyke. Eric and I have never been here, and are excited to see it (well, I am!). Teal takes our order ahead of time (that was very nice), and it’s a beautiful day for a sail. Up goes the sail, and we are underway! We are having the times of our lives right now… as this is what a vacation is all about!

Get to Foxy’s and have lunch. Ray, Eric and I had Grouper sandwiches, Sue had the Chicken Roti, and everyone agreed that it was very good, and a great atmosphere. We met the island black lab (although I didn’t catch his name). We all went to the gift shop, and purchased our obligatory gifts, took the obligatory photos, and it was now time to get back on Daydreamer for our sail over to White Bay.

Oh my gosh, the water over on that side, is the most incredible water I’ve ever seen. That turquoise color is just beyond gorgeous. Daydreamer has a waterslide, so it was fun to enter the water using the waterslide. White Bay is just beautiful, and the Soggy Dollar was just as I imagined it to be. We each had 2 painkillers (YUM!), and next thing we knew Millie was coming up on the beach looking for us.. Nooo, it can’t be time to go yet! We just got here! I can’t believe this excursion is almost over. It was so much fun!

On our sail back to STJ, we were able to talk with Glenn, Teal and Millie. Great group of people and so in tune with each other. We will definitely take this excursion again.

We get back to STJ, say our goodbyes, go through customs (wipe that smile off your face!), and we are heading back to our villa. After a shower and a quick nap, we are back out heading to Morgan’s Mango for dinner. Eric has the mussels for an appetizer and the Tuna for dinner, I had the Citrus Chicken. Everything was very good, however, we are quickly realizing that the sun and the fun of today is quickly catching up to us. Wow – are we tired. We make another pact that we are sleeping in tomorrow! I don’t know what tomorrow will hold, we have nothing planned, but that’s okay – we are on vacation!

Till tomorrow…
Tami
Image[/url]
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Wonderful :) Thank you for taking the time to share with us.
Hope you enjoyed your sleep in day!
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

sounds like fun!
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
scoob

Post by scoob »

We do a Daydreamer Jost trip every year. They are very nice people.. starting with Glenn.
He is a very personable man and he shares his enthusiasm with his people.
Even tho our friends have never been to the Bath's, we all enjoy the low octane and peaceful catamara sailing.

counting the days...

Scoob
ironman417

Post by ironman417 »

Sounds like a great trip. White Bay is beautiful.
Want to see my ticker....Al
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

Thanks for your trip reports. I am enjoying them. I remember that feeling after a full day, then a nice dinner, and suddenly, you are sooo tired you can't wait to hit the bed. Sounds like you are having great fun.
nuendelcapecod

Post by nuendelcapecod »

Would you please tell me the price for the Daydreamer? Is it out of Cruz Bay? Hours and destination? We are camper people at Cinnamon Bay but might splurge based on your wonderful trip description!
luvinsun

Post by luvinsun »

Daydreamer was about $120 pp I think, plus $25 pp for customs fee, plus your lunch at Foxy's and any drinks you might have at Soggy Dollar. It's pricey, but we had a great time, and his boat is fantastic.
Tami
Image[/url]