Prayers needed for my grandson Luke <3

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
KAY

Post by KAY »

Luke and your family are in our prayers. Try to keep positive thoughts..kids are stronger than we think!!
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

I don't understand why some lives just run smoothly and others are placed on such difficult paths. Many of us are with Luke and your family, walking the path with you in prayer.
Please update when you can!
P-600

Post by P-600 »

I wanted to update you all on Luke. They started chemo last night. Atlanta automatically does chemo for 18 weeks where Boston would only do it on an as needed basis. He has a lot of fluid again. He has had three more blood transfusions. and needs oxygen. They put him in the ICU yesterday because the nurses were really nervous about his breathing. They think they caught this early and are confident he will beat it. It is called PTLD and is "very rare". Post transplant lymphoproliferative disease. They are treating it like non Hodgkins Lymphoma to be more aggressive. Thanks for all the kind words. I pass them all on to my daughter. She is a trooper in all of this. I honestly don't know how she does it.

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group
GraysonDave

Post by GraysonDave »

Thanks for update - it sounds somewhat encouraging. Prayers are with all of you!
lprof

Post by lprof »

My thoughts and prayers are with Luke and all who love him.
... no longer a stranger to paradise
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

God Bless that little fighter!
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

"confident that he will beat it"

That's what I was hoping to hear! Now praying for the patience and endurance, to get through it all!
Joppa

Post by Joppa »

I am so sorry Luke is going through another hard time. I was on island last week too and thought of you and your family then. I will keep your family in my prayers as well as all the medical team surrounding him.
greyhoundmom

Post by greyhoundmom »

Thank you for the update. It is encouraging to hear that he will beat this. Poor little fellow, he's been through a lot but he sounds like a tough cookie.
Chickadee

Post by Chickadee »

Sending you and your family strength and wishing for nothing but the best outcome. Be well, little man.
Jennifer

EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

I have been a little out of the loop on all this and want to let you know how very sorry I am to hear of this devistating set back. I know with all the
Positive thoughts coming Luke's way, he and
Your whole family are going to get the best care and make it through this! My youngest is
Current working on a fundraiser for pediatric cancer research and
Awareness- It's called StBaldrick.org and you might want to check it out to get the word out in your area to help Luke feel like he isn't alone! Hugs!
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
alw1977

Post by alw1977 »

P-600: I assume they are at Scottish Rite/CHOA in Atlanta?

I have two sons, 26 months and 4 months. I can't begin to imagine the difficulties your daughter and her family are facing. What area of Atlanta do they live in? I know they are relatively new to the city, so if they need anything, please let me know.
Connie

Post by Connie »

Wow, I just read from page 1 to the end of this thread. It's heartbreaking to hear the lastest news on Luke.

I'm sure he has the best care right now.

My thoughts go out to you and your family. I know it is totally consuming, as we have a little neice who has fought for her life since she was born at 28 weeks.

Keep the faith.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
2Feathers

Post by 2Feathers »

We'll keep praying for Luke and the rest of the family!
CBama

Post by CBama »

praying for Luke and your family.