picture through ruins window overlooking water

Travel discussion for St. John
CBama

picture through ruins window overlooking water

Post by CBama »

I know I have seen multiple postings of a view looking through a ruins window to a beautiful water view.

Can anybody tell me what trail or beach this would be at?

of course I cannot find any of those pictures now......wish i had bookmarked them
toni

Post by toni »

Lameshur is one I know

You can google it for photos and find some I think
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

MBW1024 (Mary Beth) posted one ages ago...don't know how to search for it. It's stunning.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
CBama

Post by CBama »

Lameshur it is!! thanks.....much quicker than me searching...
TrvlJohn

Post by TrvlJohn »

Little Lameshur
ruins at Little Lameshur by JRSIII, on Flickr
Leap, and the net will appear.
- John Burroughs
deejayjay

Post by deejayjay »

The trees in front of the window have grown up since that picture, and the view is not quite as good. It is the ruins at little lameshur.
CBama

Post by CBama »

that's it!!!! I have always loved that view...
vacagirl

Post by vacagirl »

thank you so much for this picture. now I have a piece of STJ with me everyday as I have set it as my desktop. :D
My Heart is in St. John!
Ms.Montana

Post by Ms.Montana »

I bought a large print at "Frames of Mind" and it is hanging in my kitchen. It's the first thing you see when you walk in and I always get lots of compliments on the print. They had several sizes. I had it matted and framed when I got home.
parafins

looking through..

Post by parafins »

Here's the guard house near Windy Hill Ruins.Image
HELLO FROM MICHIGAN...
54b

Post by 54b »

Parafins beat me to it, but I was going to mention that if you like taking shots like that, you can go up to the ruins above Leinster...didn't know that was called Windy Hill (learn something new), I just know it as the start of the Johnny Horn Trail...others may know it as that spot where the Leinster Bay trail out to the point where you can swim to Waterlemon Cay forks...if you go the right, there are two sets of ruins (one about a 100 or 200 yards up the hill and then another one when you switch back and go another quarter of a mile or so.)

There's also a really cool shot from inside one of the Annaberg Ruins overlooking Leinster and if you kayak out to Whistling Cay, you can get a shot like that looking back at Francis and Maho through that little ruin.

Might help if you brought I camera like I didn't :D
Last edited by 54b on Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It’s not about yesterday or tomorrow...It’s about today, for come what may – Sun, rain, or hurricane – we've only time for a smile, and none for sorrow
CBama

Post by CBama »

Now I need to stay longer than a week to visit all these places!!!!!
parafins

views

Post by parafins »

54b,sorry that I beat you to it.There are better pics out there from the guard house,but this is all I had.Here's the view from Windy Hill ruins,just up the hill.I wish I would have taken a pic of Threadneedle Point that was to the right of this UNNAMED cay{ :wink: }.That view was a grand view as well!Image
HELLO FROM MICHIGAN...
54b

Re: views

Post by 54b »

parafins wrote:54b,sorry that I beat you to it.[/img]
It's okay, your pictures helped assuage my grief. :D

Good pic of Waterlemon BTW...been telling some Newbs that are joining us on this next trip about it and this will be good to show them.
It’s not about yesterday or tomorrow...It’s about today, for come what may – Sun, rain, or hurricane – we've only time for a smile, and none for sorrow
brenda

Post by brenda »

deejayjay wrote:The trees in front of the window have grown up since that picture, and the view is not quite as good. It is the ruins at little lameshur.
I agree, the trees have really gotten out of control and the view is obscured as of last November. 2010 it was fine. Hopefull the NPS will trim down the foilage.
Going "home" again October 26th!