Willie T and children?

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
bdkane

Willie T and children?

Post by bdkane »

I'm in need of some parenting advice...

I have dragged my children (12 & 6) to the Soggy Dollar and have enjoyed it, would it be totally inappropriate to bring them on a charter that stops at the Willie T? I've never been there so not sure how crazy it is...

I'm assuming season may play a factor, I would be there in mid April or mid July

Thanks
:?
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

It would really depend upon how much you want your kids exposed to in terms of nudity, raunchy or funky behavior and language (depending upon one's definition of those). It can be quiet or it can be wild. Refer to the story about body shots in the STJ forum thread about odd things you have seen. That type of thing happens on Willy T, or it can be just a laid back bar on the water. Really depends upon who is there. I wouldn't take kids, but I am a conservative person. There is plenty of time later in their lives when they will be exposed to those kinds of things. Just my 2 cents.
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

We have gone with the kids - my little one jumped from the top when she was 4! And a lot of St. Thomas parents motor over there with the whole family. It can get as described, but I think if you are there earlier in the day, say for lunch, you have less chance of having the kids see things you may not want them to or have to explain :)
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
P-600

Post by P-600 »

Get there early and you should be fine! If there is bad behavior going on you can always give the kids a lesson on how NOT to behave ;) Have fun!

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group
PatrickMcc

Post by PatrickMcc »

I agree about the time- I was there with a group at lunch and it was very tame- the bartender did pass around an album of woman who had jumped but that was only to the men seated at the bar.
FinsUp

Post by FinsUp »

We had lunch and a jump on the Willy T last year and our boys were 7 1/2, 6 and 4 1/2. It was very quiet and not inappropriate at all. I would stop there earlier rather than later in the day.
bdkane

Post by bdkane »

We would likely be getting over earlier - im guessing before noon, just a stop before a snorkel and JVD - lunch and jump as FinsUp put it!

I'm keep thinking of my 6 year old back in school in Sept...

Teacher: "So children what did you do this summer?"

J.D. (my 6 year old): "Jumped off the Willie T" 8)

Teacher: :shock:, "hope he didnt see me in that album at the bar"

Thanks all for the input
FinsUp

Post by FinsUp »

bdkane-my oldest son had "Flat Stanley" with him on this trip and we took a photo with him, Flat Stanley and Capt John in front of the Willy T sign. As I was checking the picture for clarity, I noticed you could see the "thong" they have on display just over my son's head!! :oops: Needless to say, we did a redo!!
Florida Girl

Post by Florida Girl »

FinsUp wrote: As I was checking the picture for clarity, I noticed you could see the "thong" they have on display just over my son's head!! :oops: Needless to say, we did a redo!!
LMAO!! Too funny!
bdkane

Post by bdkane »

FinsUp wrote:As I was checking the picture for clarity, I noticed you could see the "thong" they have on display just over my son's head!! :oops: Needless to say, we did a redo!!
Too Funny- I hope you kept the original picture for when your son is older :lol: