Take off

Travel discussion for St. John
BillVT

Take off

Post by BillVT »

5:32AM? That is just an uncivil time to be flying airplanes. Be at the airport by 4:30, up and moving by 3:30. Poor wife gets home from work at midnight. I love to go but I hate travel days. What we need is a portal.

And another thing. How can we go from light carry-ons only for the last three years to an overweight checked bag this year? Hmm.

This is an absolutely worthless rant and I apologize and thank you for reading this far. I would have given up after the first paragraph.
Kealani

Post by Kealani »

Think of what is on the other side of that 5:30 flight:)
loria

Post by loria »

ahhh... the things we endure for bliss..... it sucks... but then... you get there..
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
Beachnut513

Post by Beachnut513 »

We feel terrible for you having to wake up early to travel to STJ! Oh poor you! We'll see ya at the Beach Bar!
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

You're going to be feeling all better, very soon! Have a great trip!
ccasebolt

Post by ccasebolt »

Uncivilized maybe, but if it means you're on island earlier then it's worth it. We were originally ticketed on 6:30 AM flight from BOS thru PHL which would have had us arriving STT around 1:30. US Airways cancelled the PHL flight and put us on the CLT-STT which doesn't arrive until 3:20 :(
Juli B

Post by Juli B »

Think of it this way BillVT. We just had almost a week of summer weather. It's now cold again today and yet, your summer will continue on STJ. Have a wonderful trip!! I hope we get a Trip Report from you upon your return.

Just what did you pack, anyway?!?!?! Still looking for ideas for the May Girls' Trip.
FinsUp

Post by FinsUp »

Safe Travels Bill!! Enjoy the "kid free" sunsets you'll have by the pool without the boys from 13F there!! I think we have the same flight times as you!!
BillVT

Post by BillVT »

Fins Up: We always enjoy seeing the boys. Have you arranged to come later? How was your visit in November?

And to the rest of you, sorry for whining. We are here, just had a cooling tropical shower. We had rum punches at the airport while we waited for our checked bag, than had another round at the Red Hook Ferry terminal as we waited for the 3PM boat. When we went to pick up our car the Suttons said it was like we never left and I asked if that was a good thing? Then we had a small bite at the Banana Deck. We stopped off at Starfish and bought our groceries and headed up to SRV. Ahh.

It never gets old coming to STJ and I never tire of the view from up here.
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

happy to hear you made it down safely but you are missing mud season back home?

Enjoy your trip
FinsUp

Post by FinsUp »

[quote="BillVT"]Fins Up: We always enjoy seeing the boys. Have you arranged to come later? How was your visit in November?

We have weeks 14 and 15A this year!! Very exciting!! The kids have an extended April vacation in school so we took advantage. The owner of 14 and 15A was kind enough to work with us so it could happen. As for November.... I bailed out!! Things just weren't going to work and it was an easier decision to pass than to force it. My husband was disappointed, to say the least ..someday it will happen. I guess when it comes down to it, I'm just not ready to travel without my boys!!

Enjoy those beautiful sunsets and happy hours by the pool. We'll be thinking of you!!
Juli B

Post by Juli B »

Enjoy your vacation BillVT! It is 42 and raining in Essex County, NY right now.

Can't wait for my visit to SRV in May!
nuendelcapecod

Post by nuendelcapecod »

The worst is when your trip back to "civilization" is a bear. We sat on the tarmac for 1 1/2 hours in Miami because apparently someone over oiled the engine cowling and it was dripping a fluid which needed to be analyzed. The flight attendants pretty much hid in the galley. I guess they're afraid some angry passenger will take it out on them! But not a drop of water or any recompense at all was offered. Yet, we had a heaven-like vacation in Cinnamon Bay Campground and had to return eventually. :(