Carrying medications

Travel discussion for St. John
susan & herb

Carrying medications

Post by susan & herb »

I am sure this has been asked before.

We usually take medications down in the original bottles which can be a pain to carry. If we use one of those "7 day" pill boxes for the medications will that be ok, as meds are not labeled?

I am loving my ticker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
byado18

Post by byado18 »

I use the 7day containers and have never had a problem! Carry a list of the meds with you in case they ask! If you check luggage,put all but a day or two in that!
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

I use 7 day containers for my meds and no problem going through security. I take all my meds and vitamins in my carry-on. Our checked bags have always made it to our destination (although on the next flight in some cases), but I don't want to have to figure out how to get my meds in case it doesn't make it.
Florida Girl

Post by Florida Girl »

I always put my meds in small zip lock bags (about 2"x2") and label them with the day, and I always take about 3 or 4 days extra in case something happens and our flight is delayed for some reason. And I ALWAYS take them in my carry-on!!
mit43

Post by mit43 »

We carry them in a "daily" organizer, but always carry a copy of our prescription. We have never been asked about them at any checkpoint.
Tim
Just Another Day in Paradise!!!
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

Come and go from STT to the mainland about 4-6 times a year - NEVER had TSA question a prescription drug in pill form - always carry the original container and my 7 day box in carry on - maybe large amount of a controlled substance would raise an eyebrow if your return ticket doesn't justify it .
michigan girls

Post by michigan girls »

I always travel with mine in a pill box organizer (Sherry calls it my "old lady pill box") I've never been questioned on it and it's always in my carry on.
islandmom

Carrying Medications

Post by islandmom »

I also use the 7-day type pill box whenever I travel anywhere (to St. John/outside of US, etc.) and have never had a problem or even a question as to what's in there and, as kind of a vitamin nut, there's lots in there :wink:
<

Don't forget to listen for the sound of the sea...
vacagirl

Post by vacagirl »

I buy the plastic zip lock pouches for medication. I have a pouch for each daily med. I've never been questioned.
My Heart is in St. John!