Help with accomodations!!

Travel discussion for St. John
Backtotheislands

Help with accomodations!!

Post by Backtotheislands »

I am trying to entice my DH back to SJ. He likes to try new places and we were just there last yr. Anyway this is what I need/want. NEED!! :wink:
Great view (must have ocean), Wifi, TV (for him), private pool (maybe large spa), AC and comfy bed! Week of July 30th. Is this impossible??
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

I think it's very possible...but what is your budget..what area do you prefer, etc? Have you checked villa and VRBO listings?
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

It is certainly not even remotely impossible.

What's your budget? If you say $500 for the week I'm going to change my statement, that is impossible.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
Backtotheislands

So sorry! I thought I put it. :oops: I need all of that 1st week of August for under $1,500. Airfare is so darn high this year and cars aren't inexpensive on St. John. Hubby has put me on a :shock: budget :shock: !
Too many expenses in the past year! I'd love it if I could find something around $1,000 - $1,200. It would boost my cause! I found some things I liked last month and they have been rented. :(
Backtotheislands

still looking!

Anyone??
vacagirl

Post by vacagirl »

I have found a timeshare rental before at the Westin for under $1000. for the week. I went through Redweek.com. The condo location was Grande Bay (across from the Westin & up the hill) and the one we stayed in was right next to a pool. It was very, very nice and very affordable.
My Heart is in St. John!
wyoMel

Post by wyoMel »

Caribbeanvilla.com has great last minute specials. If it was me I would maybe wait and see the airfare deals and then try one of the last minute deals. I see quite a few on there now with your criteria but Right now are only through June 30 but maybe they would negotiate? Aqua Gem, Fish Beach, Cruz Views units
Lindy

Post by Lindy »

Check out Serendip condos - inexpensive but they'll have everything that you need. The pool isn't private but with the beaches there who really needs a pool?
Cindy in pa

Post by Cindy in pa »

Try Creolla rented through Cimarron properties
ccasebolt

Post by ccasebolt »

definitely check out the Cruz Views condos - they're very nice, convenient to Cruz Bay, and within your budget. Good luck!
wyoMel wrote:Caribbeanvilla.com has great last minute specials. If it was me I would maybe wait and see the airfare deals and then try one of the last minute deals. I see quite a few on there now with your criteria but Right now are only through June 30 but maybe they would negotiate? Aqua Gem, Fish Beach, Cruz Views units
cocosmom

Post by cocosmom »

I inquired about Cruz Views discounts for August and was told those they would extend the same discount to those units that now list a discount .
BillVT

Post by BillVT »

Check out Sunset Ridge Villas. It is a timeshare rental and some units (for the time being anyway) have private dipping pools. The views are spectacular. The units with dipping pools are A, D, E & F. Here are the links.

http://www.sunsetridgevillas.com/

http://www.vrbo.com/321094

http://www.cimmaronstjohn.com/vacation- ... taID=39029

Good luck.