Opinions on the Westin

Travel discussion for St. John
hartpump

Opinions on the Westin

Post by hartpump »

I would like your opinions on a stay at the Westin. We are now and forever will be Coral Bay addicts. Loved Loved Loved our last visit staying at Reef Madness.. Excellent Randy!!!! anyway i digress, I have an opportunity to come down when i otherwise wouldnt be able to if we stay in one of the villas at the westin. I have read some mixed reviews about it. I have been their to rent boats and walked around a bit but i really have no feel for the place. Thanks in advance for the input.
To a man with a hammer everything looks like a nail
Pia

Post by Pia »

The Westin is fine and if you are able to visit St John when you otherwise couldn't I say go for it. Personally I wouldn't use their beach (almost no local will if that tells you something) so just rent a car and enjoy the fabulous North Shore beaches and enjoy town for dinner etc. The grounds are well maintained and they have a very nice pool :)

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Pia wrote: Personally I wouldn't use their beach (almost no local will if that tells you something)
Pia
Might that be because of the way the land curves around and almost hugs all those boats into a contained area? The boats that have no pump out services?
snorkelqueen

Post by snorkelqueen »

You can't see a foot in front of you in the water at the Westin. Maybe fine to dip in if the pool area too crazy with people, but you wont want to really swim or snorkel there.
I agree with PIA if it's a chance to be on SJ - go for it!!
Pia

Post by Pia »

You got it PA Girl :shock:
Realtor - St John Properties
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

If it got me to STJ, I would stay there in a heartbeat, as long as it was a villa. I am not a fan of hotel rooms on STJ.
I figure that I rent a villa that is not beachfront and I get in my jeep to go to the beach so what is the difference between a westin villa and a condo or a villa with neighbors?
Nothing!
If it were free or extremely reasonably priced, I would be there!
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

Pia wrote:You got it PA Girl :shock:
My grandparent's kept a sail boat (not in the VIs) and they were very particular about where we were allowed to swim, no contained or slow moving areas.
Ron in South Texas

Post by Ron in South Texas »

We've stayed in the villas twice...they were across the street and up the hill from the resort. I didn't have a problem with them. We just rented a car and off we went...
It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
ruffmom

Post by ruffmom »

I would definitely go...I have even stayed in the hotel rooms there. Not my first choice, I much prefer my own villa but a week on St John is a week on St John! Bonus...I couldn't do any cooking:) Tho the food at the Westin is pretty expensive and I really do get tired of going out for every meal. It is so much nicer to come back from a day at the beach, jump in your own pool, start up your own blender and grill and just kick back!
kklay

Post by kklay »

Hello, I would stay at the Westin in a heartbeat! Although I usually stay in a villa, I have stayed at the Westin probably 8+times over the past 12 years. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. I've stayed in a 3 bedroom pool villa, a Bayvista 3 bedroom and both a 1 bedroom and studio. We do breakfast in our villa before heading out for the day and it's nice to have a kitchen to use. The pool area is very nice and there is an additional pool for the 2bedroom/1bedroom/studios located across the street along with grills to use. Parking is close to your villas (with the exception of the Bay Vista villas). The grounds are beautiful and there is also a workout area if you are so inclined.