East coast beachfront rental?

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
bdkane

East coast beachfront rental?

Post by bdkane »

Hi All, as you all seem to be a well traveled bunch, Im wondering if you can give me some advise on a beachfront/beach block rental on the east coast... Rental homes, location, any info,

We generally do an extended family trip down to Cape May , NJ every year, but this year my in laws are offering to foot the bill for a house rental maybe in the Carolina's or Virginia? we are somewhat flexible with location, what we are looking for:

A house on the beach or just across the street from the beach, the further North the better as most of us will be driving from Long Island, NY, need about 5 b/r, and would like some local bars/restaurants - not to far away

Thanks in advance for any suggestions! :)
John
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

Heather

Post by Heather »

Bald Head Island is gorgeous. Located off NC coast near Wilmington. You take a ferry to get there from Southport, NC. Once there the only transportation is golf cars and bikes. Beautiful, well preserved, family oriented. Lots of things to do and rental houses in all price ranges. baldheadisland.com
cocosmom

Post by cocosmom »

Since you wanted farther north, how about Bethany Beach Deleware. Beach front houses to rent..very family oriented. We stayed at Sea Colony condos for years if you want that instead of a house. Great activities for kids. Rehobeth DE is busier but still family friendly. Dewey is more young folks hang out.
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

We stayed in the Duck and Carolla areas of the Outer Banks. Absolutely lovely, tons of on the beach or close to the beach rental but it is just too far of a drive for us (12+ from Pennsylvania) Also, there wasn't a selection of going out options. I know there are areas of the Outer Banks that are more developed (restaurants and such) more to the south.

I know several families that go to Bethany Beach, specifically Sea Colony, every year.
bdkane

Post by bdkane »

Hey Guys- thanks so much for the input- it helps point me in the right direction- Been doing a little research , they all look awesome and some Ive never heard of :wink: Thanks again
Chet

Post by Chet »

I second the Bethany Beach, DE recommendation. We have a place in Rehoboth Beach, DE and it gets crazy-fun-busy in the summer. Bethany is smaller with a great beach vibe. Good restaurants and shops in Bethany and Ocean View. Rehoboth and Dewey are 13 miles north.

North of the town of Bethany is a string of gated beach communities with big houses, all 1 or 2 blocks from the beach. We use Pru-Gallo to list and manage our summer rental.

http://www.prugallo.com/agent/bethanybe ... /index.htm
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

[/url]