Help on house selection, please??

Travel discussion for St. John
Backtotheislands

Help on house selection, please??

Post by Backtotheislands »

Any input on any of these? My "must haves" are incredible view, private pool, AC, wifi and tv for my hubby(?), and a comfortable bed or it's a dealbreaker! These are what I've found to be affordable: Harbor Lights, St. John Livin', Island Dreams, Pink Horses, Seascape, Privateer Bay Cottage, Drake's Lookout, Time Out, Calypso Cove, and Coconut Breeze. Thank you for your input!!
Pia

Post by Pia »

"a comfortable bed or it's a dealbreaker"

A comfortable bed is sooooo subjective - do you like hard, soft, pillowtop - I think what is comfy for one person might not be for another - that's going to be a tough call. I know in some homes they have the sleepnumber/tempurpedic beds but they are generally not found in modest priced villas.

I would offer to go try them all out (for a fee of course) but I might feel like the 3 bears :)

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
Backtotheislands

Post by Backtotheislands »

Ok, so I think Coconut Breeze and Calypso Cove are sadly out of my price range! :( And, Pia, you are correct! They could call you "Goldilocks"! :lol: The last place the bed had pokey springs. Of course, I am spoiled to a nice high end pillow top at home!
toni

Post by toni »

What's your price range and what time of year?

oops, edit this, saw you had another thread with a price listing.
P-600

Post by P-600 »

The bed at Harbor Lights is really comfortable. I loved it! But it was VERY high.. Like run and jump high! LOL!

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group
Pianogrl

Post by Pianogrl »

Out of these the only one we've stayed in is TIME OUT (stayed there twice)....it has all your criteria - the beds were fine for us but that is subjective. The view is amazing! This was the first villa we stayed in on our trips to STJ...will always have a special place in our hearts.

Also if it's just two people....for the same price might want to look at Cinnamon Tarn (North Shore); stayed there twice also....AMAZING views; no A/C but we've always had good trade winds & actually slept under sheets at night. Beautiful property & villa.

The others are wonderful I'm sure...just have no first-hand knowledge as have not stayed there before.

Enjoy your search!