Coconuts villa

Travel discussion for St. John
psufan

Coconuts villa

Post by psufan »

So we are back less than a week and we are already trying to figure out when we are returning and where we want to stay. I was looking for a review of Coconuts on Gifft Hill. Has anyone stayed there recently? Any opinions? What's the easiest drive to the North Shore beaches? It looks as though it was recently remodeled. The picture look great with lots of outdoor space.
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

Hello
We have stayed at Coconuts 3 times in past years and love it. Nice little pool, wonderful gazebo area with a view across to STT where we have our meals, convenient location. For driving to the beaches, we go up to Centerline, then go into Cruz Bay for beaches like Hawksnest, or head in the Coral Bay direction for Maho and Francis. I would highly recommend Coconuts for 1 or two couples. Headed there soon for a 2 week stay. We are looking forward to seeing the improvements, including the new outdoor kitchen. I will let you know how it is when we return.
psufan

Post by psufan »

Thanks B&J. Looking forward to hearing your review. The outdoor kitchen looks really nice. I could see spending much more time outside than inside there. We would be a party of 5 this trip. My son doesn't mind the loft even with no AC. Stayed at Orchid Villa several years back. It had a similar loft. As long as there are good breezes he is fine. Enjoy your trip. We are still in withdrawal!
CT Beach Girls Dad

Coconuts

Post by CT Beach Girls Dad »

I'll let you know were staying at coconuts for nine days starting Christmas day I love the outdoor pool table and kitchen
Lakeman

Post by Lakeman »

I stayed there 18 months ago, then stayed next door 6 months later (Coconuts was booked). The views are some of the best on the island. It is surprisingly close to town going up and down centerline.

The only downsides I saw were that the house is close to a trash area and that the kitchen was not completely closed off to the elements. So, I kept all foods not in jars, etc in the fridge to protect from critters. Didn't have any problems, but thought it was possible. When on the deck, I would sometimes hear people disposing of their trash. You can't see it or smell it. Just a little noise from activity.

Bedrooms were nice, pool nice, living room nice, etc. The recent upgrades look like they just made it better. I'll stay there again on a future trip-maybe this fall.
Once in awhile you get shown the light
in the strangest places if you look at it right.
psufan

Post by psufan »

Thanks to all for the feedback. I also heard from the owner in response to my posting which was an added bonus. I am looking forward to B&J's review of the renovations.

We just need to decide on our travel dates and figure out who of our family will be joining us. We are tentatively looking to stay 2 weeks this trip which is exciting! Coconuts is definitely in the running.
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

Greetings from Coconuts villa. We are totally enjoying Coconuts and the renovations with the outdoor kitchen have made it even nicer (this is our 3rd time staying here). The view is wonderful and now you can see down to Great Cruz Bay, due to some vegetation getting cut down. Drive to Maho Beach = 20 minutes; drive to Hawksnest about 15 min; drive to Cinnamon Beach = 20 min; drive to Starfish = 8 min; about the same to Dolphin Market. I will write more details about Coconuts when we get home. I can highly recommend it!
psufan

Post by psufan »

Sounds wonderful. I am completely jealous. Enjoy the rest of your vacation.
Lori_jo

Post by Lori_jo »

We spent a week at Coconuts last December after the complete remodel. I cannot think of one thing wrong with the place. It is absolutely wonderful from the electronics to the hot tub and the outdoor spaces, the outdoor kitchen and pool table are fantaastic. The bedrooms are super. The kitchen will close with the wooden window covers but we just kept everything put away and had no problems. We are hoping to again this December and I am so excited. Believe me you will LOVE it!!!
momto3boys

Post by momto3boys »

How private is the pool area at this Villa?
Lakeman

Post by Lakeman »

The pool is completely private.
Once in awhile you get shown the light
in the strangest places if you look at it right.
sailorgirl

Post by sailorgirl »

We honeymooned at Coconuts. The pool is private, we could not see any other villas from the deck area but could hear them.. We were "surprised" by the landscaper one afternoon as you can access the back yard from outside the fence which encloses the house. I would check directly with the new owners. A recent post referenced cutting some vegetation which improved the already spectacular view.