Ex-Pat Dream

Travel discussion for St. John
FinsUp

Ex-Pat Dream

Post by FinsUp »

Savannah Jane Buffet will host a new show called
Ex-Pats. Her first episode will feature St. John's own-
St. John Brewers!! Here's a link to the trailer...
http://youtu.be/tVivB0FEOu0
lprof

Post by lprof »

Very cool! Thanks, FinsUp! I had not heard of this series... Ex-Pats! Will be watching this one.
... no longer a stranger to paradise
FinsUp

Post by FinsUp »

You're welcome, lprof. I thought so too!! I figured with many folks on this forum dreaming to become an ex-pat..they might find this interesting!! :D
CariBert

Post by CariBert »

That's pretty cool, but what else would you expect from Jimmy Buffett's daughter but a story from the caribbean! I hope I was successful in subscribibng to that You Tube Channel, I'd really like to see Ex Pats. Thanks for the heads up, Fins Up!
:D :D

-Bert
The liver is evil, it must be punished!

Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

U.S. citizens living in STJ or any of the USVI are never considered to be expatriates - registered voters in the USVI cannot however vote in the USA Presidential elections due to the Electoral College system.
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

I was thinking the same thing Exit Zero, how could someone be an ex-pat without leaving US territory?
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
lprof

Post by lprof »

Exit Zero wrote:U.S. citizens living in STJ or any of the USVI are never considered to be expatriates - registered voters in the USVI cannot however vote in the USA Presidential elections due to the Electoral College system.
I do not intend to argue your factual point... I agree. I will point out that the name of the Youtube series being "Ex-Pats" may have been used to remove it from the exact definition of expatriate, which in abbreviated form, is expats, not ex-pats.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expats

For me, watching this video will be a short trip to the islands... that is all I want! :wink:
... no longer a stranger to paradise
FinsUp

Post by FinsUp »

Here is the quote from the advertisement I saw..
07/17/2012

Savannah Jane Buffett set to debut new show, "EX-PATS"

EX-PATS, according to modern definition, are people temporarily or permanently residing in a country and culture other than that of their upbringing. Host Savannah Jane Buffett travels through foreign lands to discover the extraordinary stories of those who cut the home-cord, leaving behind a seemingly successful and ordinary existence, in search of a place to live their dream life.
hawksnestbay

Post by hawksnestbay »

Great ex-Pats; Bob Dee, Gino Cappaletti, Jim Nance, Russ Francis, Jim Plunkett, Steve Grogan, John Hannah, Mosi Tutupu...
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

It's featured today... http://www.on-stjohn.com/
Image[/url]