Just back from Nassau, Bahamas Trip Report 7/1 - 7/6/12

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
SusanNJ

Just back from Nassau, Bahamas Trip Report 7/1 - 7/6/12

Post by SusanNJ »

You can check out my trip report here:

http://susannj.travellerspoint.com/13/
toni

Post by toni »

We'd been to the Bahamas on a cruise stop several years ago and thought the color of the water was amazing! Loved all your water pictures. So very pretty. We'd like to explore one of the outer islands maybe; the straw market and Nassau was kind of busy we thought.

Thanks for pointing to your trip report! :)
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

That looks like an interesting place to stay. We haven't tried any place in the Bahamas yet but that short flight certainly is desirable. How was the surrounding area? Is there places to walk to for drinks?
SusanNJ

Post by SusanNJ »

There really isn't any nearby places to walk to since the resort is right on West Bay Street. The traffic tends to go by a bit too fast for my liking to walk along the road. You can take cabs to nearby places (10 min.).
momto3boys

Post by momto3boys »

Nice trip report. Looks like a nice resort. If and when you go back would you stay at the same resort or do you have another place picked out already?
SusanNJ

Post by SusanNJ »

I would definitely stay there again, but next time I would like to try Harbour Island in the out islands. I am also curious to see the Baha Mar once it is completed since it will include a Rosewood resort.
paulandtracie

Post by paulandtracie »

Great trip report Susan! We love the Bahamas - if you liked Compass Point, be sure to check out the Abacos - our favorite place in the Bahamas! Little out islands, small resorts and cottages, awesome beaches and water! Our favorite island is Elbow Cay but we also love Green Turtle Cay.
[/url]
AH

Post by AH »

Wonderful report and pictures. My husband has been to the Bahamas while sailing but I have never had the pleasure. After reading your report I think we may have to fly over there for a few days.
AH
linne

Post by linne »

Bahamas looks very beautiful. I would love to take a swimm in the water just now. We have only had summer weather for a few days in July, and the sea is cold.

Nice report and pictures!

Linne