16 more days in paradise: the whole thing (long)

Travel discussion for St. John
CBama

Post by CBama »

enjoyed your reports...

I thought that eating lunch out and then dinner in might be a good idea for whenever we make it back.

I was usually tired by the time we made it back to the villa...
Pickle

Post by Pickle »

Great report as always, Becky. I'm usually one of those who look forward to a lot of underwater shots in your report but, as much as I love snorkeling, this is the kind of vacation that I admire and would love to have someday. (I would gladly sacrifice some snorkeling if I could take my brother's family to St. John... they admire the island but live just too far away, half way around the planet.) Happy to read and see the photos of everyone having a great time. It must've been nice to stay so close to Francis and be able to walk down to the beach.

Do Liam and Caili ever miss Disney?

Thank you for the wonderful report.
Mar

Post by Mar »

Awesome trip report Becky! I think our trip overlapped yours. We were there 12th-19th. Thanks for your awesome pics....they make me feel like I haven't left!! :)
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Great report, Becky. Let us know how lobg John holds out on the jewelry purchase. Not long, I bet!
GotToGetAway

Post by GotToGetAway »

You're trip reports always make me hungry!

Great report, sounds like a good time.
Tickerless :(
brenda

Post by brenda »

Awesome report, Becky!!!!
Going "home" again October 26th!
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

Becky-another wonderful trip that you shared with all of us!! Thank you so much! Love your family time! Cannot get over how much the kids have grown and developed into these amazing little snorkelers when last year you needed the raft with the window! Thanks again for including all of us in your island relaxation time!
Ps hope John's nerve injury is just a minor setback :cry:
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

Becky.......your trip was so wonderful :) Thank you for yet another fabulous trip report!!!
The kiddos are growing and enjoying STJ and the water :):) Enjoyed hanging out with you at Francis, I was so envious of the sunsets!
It's wonderful to be Aunt & Uncle isn't it?
Pictures are awesome as always! Glad to have your share more pics of you and your family :)
Islandhopper114

Post by Islandhopper114 »

Awesome report and pics! The pics were so good and to think you left the "better" cameras in the safe. Enjoyed reading and looking! :lol:
Pia

Post by Pia »

Fabulous, fabulou, fabulous as always :)

So glad you had a great time on your excursion days - thanks for booking with me - the pool fund appreciates it and remember drinks served around the pool when finished :)

Pia

Realtor - St John Properties
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Risa, we asked them if they want to go back to Disney and the answer was a definite "no!" They informed us that if we want to go on more vacation together we should just add more time on St. John :lol: We'll probably get back to Disney with them sometime, but not in the immediate future.

Being able to walk to Francis was really great. It was so relaxing not to have to load the jeeps and drive. I never registered how much time that whole process took until I didn't have to do it!

Leslie, it is a sciactic nerve injury, so very frustrating. He's been in PT for a couple of months now and we are still hoping it resolves without surgical intervention.

MaryBeth if the necklace ever does come into my possession, I will post a picture of it here. I am not holding my breath though! I seem to have the uncanny ability to pick out the most expensive thing. Honestly, I'd rather have the money put towards another vacation.

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

I'm almost as happy when you reporters get a vacation as when I get one myself! Thank you for taking us along, and sharing your photos and experiences!
Love seeing the happy kiddo's faces :)
BeAsUR

Post by BeAsUR »

I am hanging on every word of your trip report as today is our 1st day on island and we are planning where to go...and with a 21 year old bottomless pit always hungry son, your food pics look so good right now!
Here's a toast to you on the coast....

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
54b

Post by 54b »

Echo the sentiments of the previous commenters and congratulate you on pulling off a 16-day trip...I'm still trying to figure out the financials and logistics for stretching our 7-day vacation to a 9 or 10-day.
It’s not about yesterday or tomorrow...It’s about today, for come what may – Sun, rain, or hurricane – we've only time for a smile, and none for sorrow
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

Becky, I don't know what your husband has tried, but I just had an extremely painful sciatic nerve issue that was thankfully resolved last week. I couldn't sleep and was wincing from the pain. My chiropractor is certified in something called the Active Release Technique. It's basically specialized stretching that is extremely painful while you're being worked on but it was pretty much a miracle with how much it helped me.

Here's more about it:
http://www.activerelease.com/
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain