St John Gym

Travel discussion for St. John
princdata

St John Gym

Post by princdata »

I have heard that the gym on St john is closed. Is this true. Willbe on island in September and want to get inat least two weight workouts when there.

Thx
Enjoy!
Doug
54b

Post by 54b »

No actual experience here...but I've seen this question before on the forum and unless a standalone gym has opened up on STJ, I want to say your best option is a day pass to the gym at the Westin.

I'd call the Westin to find out pricing and exactly what they have available apparatus wise as I'd imagine they don't have much in the way of free weights other than maybe a wrack of dumbbells...probably just circuit training.
It’s not about yesterday or tomorrow...It’s about today, for come what may – Sun, rain, or hurricane – we've only time for a smile, and none for sorrow
islandmom

Re: St John Gym

Post by islandmom »

You might check Storm Carib (St. John) from August 1st: http://stormcarib.com/reports/current/stjohn.shtml, in which the contributor says: "...small gym located at the Gifft Hill School upper campus and is open to the public for a small membership fee...of which 100% goes back to the school for various programs."
<

Don't forget to listen for the sound of the sea...