where to stay? First Timers.

Travel discussion for St. Croix
Beth Cruz

where to stay? First Timers.

Post by Beth Cruz »

We will be 4 adults and 2 nine year olds. Want a pool. Open to either a villa or condo.
Which part of the island would be best?

Appreciate any information.
Margy Z

Re: where to stay? First Timers.

Post by Margy Z »

I would suggest the east end with north shore views. Some very nice villas out that way with beautiful views and it's pretty much a straight shot into Christiansted. We use the management company Vacation St. Croix. We're heading back down in December and staying at Spyglass Villa this time. Was just down in June with a girlfriend and returned to Villa Amonoka where my husband and I stayed in March.

I'm pretty familiar with the various areas and the villa inventory on St. Croix. Let me know if I can help.

Happy planning!
Beth Cruz

Post by Beth Cruz »

Thank you for your input and offer of further help. We are planning on the last 2 weeks of Feb.
GotToGetAway

Post by GotToGetAway »

Hi Beth... I've also been toying with the idea of cheating on STJ with STX. We were trying to plan a trip around Easter time to STJ, but high season prices and crowded beaches are stopping us. Curious how you are finding STX planning? Are you finding comparable prices? Where did you end up choosing for your location?
Tickerless :(
Beth Cruz

Post by Beth Cruz »

Hi GotToGetAway,

We have finalized villa and air. We will be there the last week in Feb. We decided on Villa La Chatiere. VRBO. The owners have been wonderful about answering questions and sending info. I believe STCroix is much more reasonable than STJ. We are hoping it will not be as crowded as STJ. It seems in the last 3/4 years there are way too many tourists!

Let me know if you decide to go.

Jean