Anyone on island who visits the smoothie stand?

Travel discussion for St. John
chrisn

Anyone on island who visits the smoothie stand?

Post by chrisn »

This is a huge longshot...but I'm an idiot who procrastinated in grabbing an ornament for sale at Columbos when we were on island...and now I want it for my tree this year.

If there is anyone on island that can take a peek for me to see if by some miracle it's still there, and would be willing to ship it to me, I'd be forever grateful and of course pay for your time and expenses.

I'll just put the info out there...just in case.

It was a Palm Tree..true colors but kinda fancy and it had a flexible trunk..About 6 inches long maybe. It was the only one. It was hanging on the right side of the window if you're standing right there placing your order. Very pretty and I can't quit thinking about it...Story of my life.

I'd be shocked if it was still there. Thanks to anyone who can help. At least if I know it's gone, I can move on with my life. LOL!
Teresa_Rae

Re: Anyone on island who visits the smoothie stand?

Post by Teresa_Rae »

They had them in August, they might have more that just aren't on display.

You can call and ask, I've had them ship to me before.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

Going in 3 weeks, if no one helps by then I will be glad to check it out for you.Pam
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
KyBuckeye

Post by KyBuckeye »

We're on island now, but not sure where the smoothie stand is. Is it the one by Margarita Phil's? We'd be happy to check today for you.
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

KyBuckeye wrote:We're on island now, but not sure where the smoothie stand is. Is it the one by Margarita Phil's? We'd be happy to check today for you.
No, it's mid-island, at the intersection of Northshore and Centerline Roads (20 & 10).
- Mark Twain
chrisn

Post by chrisn »

Thanks to anyone that can help! Having no luck with a number. I found one that was not in service...so if anyone has another, please let me know! :D
KyBuckeye

Post by KyBuckeye »

Thanks for the location, Teresa. We'll have a car tomorrow, so will take a look then.
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

KyBuckeye wrote:Thanks for the location, Teresa. We'll have a car tomorrow, so will take a look then.
I highly recommend the mango smoothie (tastes better without rum). They make the mango mix on island and it is to die for!

Here's the number I have for the smoothie shack: (340) 693-5643

I don't recall if they have an answering machine, but their hours are roughly noon to 5 or so, local time. I don't know if they close for the season this time of year. They were open in mid-November a few years ago, but our trips are usually in the summer, so I don't know about October.
- Mark Twain
Coconuts

Post by Coconuts »

Chrisn: Hi; we stopped by the smoothie stand at the intersection of Centerline and the North Shore Road on the way from Coconuts to Trunk Bay this afternoon. Alas, I'm pretty sure that the item you are looking for isn't for sale there any more. I described it to the woman operating the stand, and her response was a shrug and an invitation to "look around; what you see is what we have". There was a large "Welcome" with a pair of coconut palms hanging below it (~15" top to bottom), a 3" magnetic palm tree, and a board with a variety of items on a numbers theme; the number "one" happened to be a palm tree. None of these felt close enough to what you described to warrant buying. Sorry.

Kevin
chrisn

Post by chrisn »

Thanks so much for checking anyway! I really appreciate it! :D :(