Casa Bueno or Coral Oasis?

Travel discussion for St. John
Taylor

Casa Bueno or Coral Oasis?

Post by Taylor »

Good morning,

Would anyone have any input regarding these two villas? We are booking late and are having a difficult time finding availability for our timeframe, but these two are open.

I know that CB gets some good reviews but it is difficult from the pictures to see how good the view really is.

I really cannot find much at all on Villa Agel.

Any input would be most appreciated. Thank you.
Last edited by Taylor on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stjchica

Re: Casa Bueno or Villa Agel?

Post by stjchica »

CB was on my list as well...but in researching it I found some pics that showed more of the pool area and it looked really small, (I believe the triangle of tile that you see is all of the pool area?)..and it looked like a distant view of the water....I just prefer a bigger, more open pool area. Don't quote me on any of that, I'm just going by pics I've looked at. I have not stayed there, but some others have and love it and may have a different opinion for you...
Of the two, I think I would go with Agel...
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
Hawaii

Post by Hawaii »

Our family has stayed at Casa Bueno and loved it. The view is fabulous and takes your breath away. The water is not close up but when you walk up those steps and look out it is fantastic. Yes, pool area is small but the porch around front has plenty of room. Also, the pool is solar heated so is warm. Any questions ask away.
rImage
Pia

Post by Pia »

Villa Agel is quite a bit further away from the North Shore beaches than Casa Bueno and if my memory serves me there is no view from the pool area as the pool is in a courtyard between buildings although the home itself it lovely. I love Casa Bueno

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Thanks so much to all those that responded.

Pia: One other villa has become available during our timeframe. It is called Coral Oasis. Would you have any input regarding this villa? We are taking newbies with us on this special trip and would like everything to be memorable. If it was your choice, which would you sign up for?
Pia

Post by Pia »

I have not seen Coral Oasis so I can't comment but it looks beautiful :)

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
Taylor

Re: Casa Bueno or Coral Oasis?

Post by Taylor »

Pia: Thank you for the input and quick response.

Since I am asking about a different villa, I have changed the subject line.

If anyone has any experience with Coral Oasis, comments would be appreciated.
inuny

Post by inuny »

Coral Oasis is a beautiful villa-great views, a heated pool, nicely decorated.
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

I have no first hand knowledge but like the feel/look of Coral Oasis..
~Pam~
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

It's a close call between these two villas. If you want all the bedrooms under one roof then I'd go with Casa Bueno. Also no bumpy road to CB (just a VERY STEEEEP driveway. I haven't stayed in either but I have been through CB and I stayed just up the road from CO so I'm familiar with it's location. Either one will be really great. You can't go wrong whichever you choose.
Pickle

Post by Pickle »

Although I have never stayed at Coral Oasis, I like the way the pool is situated in the property (in the front part of the deck) better than the way the pool at Casa Bueno is placed (a little withdrawn towards the backside). We stayed at Casa Bueno in 2011. The pool at Casa Bueno never really enticed me. I'm pretty sure that was because I have been spoiled by pools with infinity edges and great views.

We did enjoy our stay at Casa Bueno. It's not upscale but is a very nice house with gorgeous extensive views (the water is in the distance). Looking at the photos of Coral Oasis, it looks a little fancier than Casa Bueno (well, so is the price, actually).

Some photos of Casa Bueno: http://www.flickr.com/photos/80473236@N ... 152391586/

Hope someone chimes in for you about Coral Oasis.
Seasister

Post by Seasister »

We stayed at Coral Oasis and liked it a lot. There are a few downsides to it, but overall, we were pleased. First, the drive up is VERY rough. It is not paved so you just drive on rocks up the hill. My daughter actually threw up from bouncing around. Second, the bedrooms are not connected to the living area so you must fight the mosquitos each time you pass to the kitchen/living room. The place is actually lovely, but we could not get the gas grill to work. I thought the view was incredible. I took a million pictures and still dream in color about our stay there.
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

Here's a story on on-stjohn about Oasis..
http://www.on-stjohn.com/
~Pam~
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Thanks so much to all who took the time to respond. I really appreciate the input. We went with Casa B. because all of the rooms are located under one roof. We liked the look of Oasis but we are traveling with another couple and a teenager. We thought that she, nor us, would be comfortable with her being "outside" of the house.

Again, everyone's responses are appreciated.
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

We just returned from CB- the view is spectacular!! Can't comment on the other place but CB's view was incredible even on a hazy day!
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting