Home for two with pool and AC

Travel discussion for St. John
northerngal

Home for two with pool and AC

Post by northerngal »

Hi there, I am planning for next year but can not help but dream this time of year. We are looking for a place around coral bay or the mountain for two with a pool and AC. I would LOVE a outdoor shower. Limited budget as we do like to eat out too. Anyone have any ideas? W stayed at villa jumbie last time and great place but very hard beds
Vega

Re: Home for two with pool and AC

Post by Vega »

Hey there.
Really depends when you are going for price of course, but we (just my wife and I) have stayed at Casa Ya Ya in past.
Reasonable in off season, 2 bedrooms and a large deck that looks down on Coral Bay etc

http://www.caribbeanvilla.com/property/casa-ya-ya/

You could also try Aria if you want to be higher up toward Ajax peak/Bordeaux

In either case we've never used A/C (we are always there in April with a quick trip in October once) as the breezes flow up into the hills when you are that high up.
dreamshark

Post by dreamshark »

Lovely, affordable and private on the Coral Bay Side: Coconut Hill
A little more upscale, but often on special: One Particular Harbor. Spectacular views, big pool decks.

Both of these have AC at least in the BR.
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

We really liked One Particular Harbor but it does not have showers. We did not mind at all, that view is amazing and the location was great, if you like Coral Bay
CinnBay

Post by CinnBay »

We stayed at Drakes Lookout several years ago which is directly below One Particular Harbour. The views are amazing. The master bedroom suite is the only bedroom with a/c. It is separate from the rest of the villa and is located at the end of the driveway (outside the kitchen door). The master bedroom does not have a view but does have an outside shower. The pool and deck is very private and the villa is basic. Would definitely stay there again.

If you are willing to venture out to the far east end, last year we stayed at Caribbean Sunrise villa located at Privateer Bay . . .over the hill past Sloop Jone's studio. Loved, loved, loved this villa and are hoping to return to it again this year. It definitely is away from it all but the views are spectacular, no other villa in sight, and super private. It did not have a/c but the owners put a portable a/c unit in the master bedroom which we never used. The tropical breezes are amazing. It has an outdoor shower.
MIke

Post by MIke »

You need to check out Island Dreams thru VRBO. We stayed last summer and it is awesome. Very nice and upscale.Has to be the windiest place on the island.
A/C in bedroom but upstairs we had to close doors off the deck just to cook.
We will definately stay there again.
Mike
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

I'd like to second Island Dreams if you are looking for a 1 br, pool and a/c. Island Dreams (and Livin' )are great villas with some of the best views on the island!!!
Image[/url]
Backtotheislands

Post by Backtotheislands »

Northern,
We stayed at Jumbie summer before last and loved it, except for the beds. We stayed at Sun, Moon, and Stars this past summer. It's a bit past Coral Bay, the road is crazy, & only the BR is AC, but OMG!!! What a view!! You are way up on the mountain with a wonderful porch, complete privacy, a great indoor/outdoor stereo system, private pool. We loved it! I wish I had a trip booked!!! :(
northerngal

Post by northerngal »

We stayed at jumbie last time and loved the place butthebeds killed both of us! Not sure I can do that again. I ended up on the couch! And I camp in a tent all Summer! Well check out the other place...love a good view but need a decent bed!
Backtotheislands

Post by Backtotheislands »

Northerngal, bed was comfy at SMS & it's affordable. The bed was our ONLY complaint at Jumbie, but when you are ahem "becoming more mature" a comfy bed is a MUST!
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Definately agree with Villa Jumbie...and we slept on the couch a few times,too. The rest of the stay was so wonderful that I honestly completely forgot about the beds not being as comfy as I would've liked. Not bad,just not the best.
Smiles-
MJ
Chet

Post by Chet »

Pink Horses is next to and below Island Dreams. We stayed there when Omar blew through. Got a chance to meet Larry and Suzzy at Island Dreams. Both places fit your requirements.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

[/url]