Parking at Newark

Travel discussion for St. John
DonnaM

Parking at Newark

Post by DonnaM »

Hi everyone! It has been a few years since we have flown out of Newark but the fares were so low, we couldn't pass them up! Does anyone have a recommendation for convenient parking. Since we are only going for 5 nights, I am more interested in convenient than inexpensive ( and we will be arriving in early rush hour ).
Thanks!
Donna
susan & herb

Re: Parking at Newark

Post by susan & herb »

We fly out of JFK when we go to St John in May. Direct flight.

We are heading down to Fla for a long weekend next week and are using Vista Parking near Newark airport. We used them last year and it worked out great. They are very close to the airport, have a gated lot and a jitney that will take you to you gate. If you book online I think there is a discount.
Susan
JohnM

Post by JohnM »

DonnaM:

For a number of years we've been using ABC Parking, which is located just south of EWR on North Avenue in Elizabeth. Its very close to Exit 13A of the NJ Turnpike. Rate comes to around $9/day, provided you make a reservation in advance.

GroupOn currently has a discount offer for a new parking lot, Newark Liberty Parking, located just off Rt. 1/9 on Haynes Avenue. We're going to try them, just to compare w/ ABC.
"The exuberance of youth pales in comparison to a middle-age crisis."
Timo

Post by Timo »

Have flown out of Newark hundreds of times over the past 10 years and have always used Vista Parking which is located at the HoJo just past the toll plaza at Exit 14. Never had any real problems at all with them and, they have your car waiting and sometimes warming up for you when arriving back from terminal. I believe the rates are around $12-13 per day.
DonnaM

Post by DonnaM »

Thanks! I will check them out!
GoldenDaze

Post by GoldenDaze »

Hi Donna,
We have used Vista too in the past. Also check out The Parking Spot at Haynes Avenue, they have a website with coupons and a very good shuttle to the terminal.

If you have the early flight you may want to consider the park & fly package at the Wyndham Newark Airport. Nice hotel with a good shuttle too.

Hope this helps.
Mar

Post by Mar »

Hi Donna
We have gone out of Newark too recently because the rates were much better. As far as convenience we have just used the long term parking right at the airport. Although the prices aren't like what others are posting at the offsite lots, it was convenient and no issues. Good luck! :D
ironman417

Post by ironman417 »

We'll be at the Wyndham this thursday for the park, stay and fly. First time there. The reviews are good and it includes two weeks of free parking....Al
DonnaM

Post by DonnaM »

Al, we thought about doing a park and fly because our son goes to Rutgers and we would have dinner with him. My husband may have to work late though. Are you on the United flight on Thursday at 9:08 too?
We have used the airport long term parking before and it was fine. I was waiting to decide until i saw the weather forecast. We came back from Vegas once to a foot of snow on our car! So, a valet parking lot would be good in that case. I have read a bunch of reviews about cars being taken for a ride and shuttle pickups being delayed so i can't make up my mind. Parking at PHL is so much easier and cheaper!
ironman417

Post by ironman417 »

Donna, I'm on the United 9:08 flight on this friday. I'll be at the Wyndham thursday night. It is not valet parking. It is the hotel parking lot with a security gate. So you never give your car keys to anyone.
I read the reviews on Trip Advisor a lot and the shuttle seems to run very reliably according to the reviews. I'll be gone long enough where the hotel cost and the airport parking cost almost even out. I live in upstate NY so the weather is always better for me in Newark.
Just as a side note we love to eat at the Spanish Tavern Restaurant in Newark and they will pick you up at this hotel free of charge both ways.
Best of luck....Al
krislbi

Post by krislbi »

Ironman, thank you for the tip! Staying there on your recommendation. Flight from Newark was approx $200 pp less than flying from Philly and it CONNECTS in Philly! Worth the drive up and stay overnight for $125 (esp w/the free parking!!).

Thanks again and safe travels to you all! :)
C&S Island Time

Post by C&S Island Time »

I travel a lot for work flying out of Newark most times and I always use EZ Way Parking it is at the Crown Plaza just ~1/2 mile south of airport. They've been great easy drop off, quick to run you over to airport, and quick to pick you up at terminal (not the P4 Parking garage where most pick up at). They are also cheap below is a link for reserving a spot and a coupon for $6.50/day.

http://www.longtermparking.com/COUPONS/cpezwayewr.htm