gathering march 24?

Travel discussion for St. John
loria

gathering march 24?

Post by loria »

A number of us will be on island for the spring break-- is there any interest in getting together on sunday at the beach bar?
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
sherban

Re: gathering march 24?

Post by sherban »

Love your ticker Loria :)
GotToGetAway

Post by GotToGetAway »

I'd be up for it if you don't mind two kids hanging out too :)
Tickerless :(
hoosierdaddy

Post by hoosierdaddy »

I'm not sure what we are doing that day but we will try to be there!
loria

Post by loria »

gottogetaway-- iwill have mine in tow as well (16 and almost 14) -- not sure where the wind will take us that day-- but was goign to aim for about 4:30 or so-?
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
GoldenDaze

Post by GoldenDaze »

We will try to make it if the East End villa gravitational pull isn't too strong:-)
strat62

Post by strat62 »

we'll try to stop by...
BillVT

Post by BillVT »

I'll make the effort. Whether I can get everyone organized is anyone's guess. Also, we have attempted this before but we are shy New Englanders and we wound up just sitting on the beach looking inconspicuous. So if you see a man and 3 women (wife, best friend's widow and her sister) on the beach that night looking awkward, that's us.
PaminMaine

Post by PaminMaine »

BillVT wrote:I'll make the effort. Whether I can get everyone organized is anyone's guess. Also, we have attempted this before but we are shy New Englanders and we wound up just sitting on the beach looking inconspicuous. So if you see a man and 3 women (wife, best friend's widow and her sister) on the beach that night looking awkward, that's us.

LOL BIll, my poor hubby will be looking as sheepish as anyone there. He developed an infection in his tooth last week and it had to be pulled... Unfortunately, it was the one next to his front tooth!!! LOL Needless to say, he was not impressed.! So much for any wide grin photos of this vacation. :lol:
GoldenDaze

Post by GoldenDaze »

Pam, been there, done that. He has to get a flipper tooth ASAP. Once he gets an implant all we be good again. For now he has a great place for a straw, so many Bushwackers are in order!
loria

Post by loria »

GoldenDaze wrote:Pam, been there, done that. He has to get a flipper tooth ASAP. Once he gets an implant all we be good again. For now he has a great place for a straw, so many Bushwackers are in order!
well, i like the way you think! billinVT-- i am a former new englander as well--
hope to see you al there--
PaminMaine

Post by PaminMaine »

GoldenDaze wrote:Pam, been there, done that. He has to get a flipper tooth ASAP. Once he gets an implant all we be good again. For now he has a great place for a straw, so many Bushwackers are in order!
He had a follow up appt on Friday and asked for one.. The dentist said it was too early, it needs to heal more. He just had it done on the 4th... Oh well, after a couple of pain killers he won't be self conscious anymore! :wink:
BillVT

Post by BillVT »

I was looking forward to comparing "flippers" with him. I broke a canine and am currently wearing one. Is this over sharing? And by the way, where did the term "flipper" come from? Also since I am not sure we will be able to make it, I would recommend against asking random strangers how their flipper is.
strat62

Post by strat62 »

PaminMaine wrote:
He had a follow up appt on Friday and asked for one.. The dentist said it was too early, it needs to heal more. He just had it done on the 4th... Oh well, after a couple of pain killers he won't be self conscious anymore! :wink:
he doesn't have to wait, he can get a "flipper" anytime. as the tissue around the extraction site heals/shrinks he may develop a bit of a gap between the false tooth and the "gum" though. this usually isn't a problem as a flipper is just a temporary solution anyway. in addition, there are other options to temporarily replace an anterior tooth....
GoldenDaze

Post by GoldenDaze »

I agree with strat62,
A few years ago I had a front tooth pulled on a Saturday, flipper impression on Monday, my friend "flipper" insertion Tuesday, STJ Wednesday. I only wore it when in public, otherwise I went into hillbilly mode ;-)

(My sis is a dentist but doesn't live near me, she said no problem getting one that quick. My local dentist had the lab do it express)