99 and Company 2013

Travel discussion for St. John
EagleRayLover

Re: 99 and Company 2013

Post by EagleRayLover »

Great report and loved all your pictures. Even though I am here, I love hearing everyone's personal experiences!! :D
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
Nancy_B

Post by Nancy_B »

GREAT trip report! I have been absent from the Forum for quite some time but I arrive on island on Saturday for 2 weeks and thought I'd catch up. This was such a nice treat to find - now I'm even more excited to get there.

I am on the 4th Game of Thrones book and can't wait to enjoy it there - I'll then start the series. Can't wait!

I feel the same about Zozo's and Rhumblines as you - I look forward to Dalivios and I will miss Cafe Roma.

Thanks again - love your humor.
NancyB
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Agent99 wrote:Mary Beth, I don't think you'd want to cook in 15C. It's not very well appointed. It's our favorite because of the views and location- not the appointments. I never cook on vacation and rarely in real life. It's just best that way. There are far better units that are well equipped for cooking and with higher quality appliances. 9C and 8D among them. Views are still great. Best to ask about specifics like that when booking. Jules
We are in 10a this time. Have been there before. If I find I can't cook....oh well! We will figure it out, thanks though!

EDIT: we are actually in 10b this time. Have been in both 10 a and b. Liked both.
Last edited by mbw1024 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
jmq

Post by jmq »

Fun reporting and nice photos - thanks.

Rockport? We were just talking about the Lobster roll BLTs we had up there last year at the Blue Lobster Grille and I think I may have started to drool a little. That joint looks like your typical Main Street greasy spoon, but that sandwich and breakfast there were mighty good.
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

I've been hearing good things about Blue Lobster! Quinn (elder son) worked the counter there a couple of summers in his teens when it was still the Greenery. For another truly memorable lunch next time I suggest My Place By the Sea down at the end of Bearskin Neck. Good Lord can Kathy cook. Luke (younger son) busses there and loves it partially because they feed them... far better than he eats at home. It's on the pricey side but for lunch they always have a soup sandwich combo that will knock your socks off for around $14. The lobster tacos are also unsurpassed.