Casa Blanca

Travel discussion for St. John
cliffnchristi

Casa Blanca

Post by cliffnchristi »

Just wondering if anyone has stayed in this villa in Cruz Bay since it's has been renovated. It looks really nice now and has a great off season rate. Thinking about walking up and checking it out while we are at Lavender Hill (in 19 days)....not that I'm counting down or anything! LOL!!
scrumblin

Re: Casa Blanca

Post by scrumblin »

Hey there!

We stayed in Casa Blanca last summer--post renovation.
I was hesitant to post a review of it for 2 reasons.
1. It seems to be a good secret and extremely affordable.
2. There were some quirks with it, and the on-island manager was not particulary pleasant to deal with.

With both of those being said--we would stay there again in a skinny minute!

Re #1. Lots of room for the price and great location...we did not get a car. Taxis picked up up there and brought us back there on beach days--so we could bring chairs. Walk into town easy--back up the hill just enough for cardio w/out heart attack--and we are not young! Nice king bed--big TV, but the big draw was the pool--with a great view out to STT. Washer/dryer is available although not mentioned, and plenty of towels, beach chairs, pool floats, etc.

Re #2. Got a lecture on the 1st day from on island mgmt for not catching the preferred ferry time. Sliding doors from kitchen to deck stuck--so not really functional. That means you use the side door--but there is so much "mancave" pleather furniture in there you can barely open the door. There was a "well worn" recliner that we just had to move out of the way so we could get in and out--plus we didn't want to sit in it. I see this as keeping my emergency exit clear rather than rearranging furniture! Air conditioning in bedroom only--this would be fine except that the living room gets very hot in the afternoon (I mean like deep south hot), and the fan in the kitchen/living room had one speed--SLOW. No dishwasher. No pool pump on all week long, so lots of skimming and feeling kind of gross by weeks end. No pool light working although they are there. We did report all this to no avail.

With all that being said--it is a GREAT value--wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

We rented Casa Blanca several years ago, before the renovation. We had considered renting it again, but if you want to check out this thread, you'll see why we won't be renting from Caribe Havens anymore, unfortunately:

http://www.virgin-islands-on-line.com/v ... %27s+folly

Both Casa Blanca and Nancy's Folly are only available through Caribe Havens.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
scrumblin

Post by scrumblin »

Actually we rented Casa Blanca via Villafish--but the on island mgt for it is the Caribe Havens person.
Found that out the hard way--as I tried to avoid that.
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Teresa Rae, every time I read your review, I get annoyed all over again. We'll never rent from them. A BIG red flag goes up every time I see that name....
cliffnchristi

Post by cliffnchristi »

Thanks for the input! Wow....looks like I'll be staying away from Casa Blanca. That's a shame because I think I could live with the little quirks with the villa, but I DON'T think I could live with Caribe Havens....my goodness, why would anyone chose them to represent their villa?
DonnaM

Post by DonnaM »

The pool pump not running is a big red flag. I know mine at home should run 8 hours a day. How else is the water filtered and chemicals mixed in?