airport-customs form

Travel discussion for St. John
Wanda Creech

airport-customs form

Post by Wanda Creech »

Getting close and I have a question. We only bring carry on and we print off our ticket at
connections the day before. Is there a way to get a customs form without standing in line
at the airport? Seems like there should be a better way. Thanks
Beach Creecher
Kevino

Re: airport-customs form

Post by Kevino »

You're thinking the right way. Forms are very elusive. I have gone to the Cruz Bay customs office across from PO and got 1 (emphasis on 1). When I go through STT going home I really look hard trying to grab some if I can. Some of the boat captains buy a book of them to make life easy for day trips. This is a very good subject. Looking forward to following this discussion. Have a great trip.
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

You should be able to get one at the airport when you get there and take it with you. I know we have in the past..
[/url]
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

When we arrive in STT, I turn right and go to the ticket counters. Politely ask the staff for some blank forms, and you will generally get several. Everyone knows that we have plenty of time waiting for the checked bags to get the forms.

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

DonnaM

Post by DonnaM »

I grabbed a bunch from the nearest counter before you enter customs last time we were there. Sometimes, the customs area has none.
Wanda Creech

Post by Wanda Creech »

I have tried picking up when we arrive with no luck. They are in hiding or only given out.
Seems like it would make things go faster if they would just put them out for everyone to
get instead of everyone waiting in line just for a piece of paper. I will try again and let you know
if I find them. On a hunt after I get my sample of rum.
Beach Creecher
Lindy

Post by Lindy »

I also run back to the ticket counters and ask for how ever many custom forms we need. Never had any problem getting them.
michigan girls

Post by michigan girls »

Had never thought of getting one in advance - certainly makes sense. The customs office in Cruz Bay will give you one?

I'm assuming since my boys, although adults, will still be considered part of my household as their legal addresses are still my home? So we only need to fill out one, right?
GotToGetAway

Post by GotToGetAway »

I got one from the Customs Office by the ferry. They gave us one, but that was all we needed. They asked if it was for the same household, we said yes, he gave us one. If we said no, he probably would have given us another. They were very nice in there.
Tickerless :(
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

If you go to the customs office in Cruz bay don't take one from the stack by the door with out asking I got yelled at for taking one.
Tom