5 BR Villa~

Travel discussion for St. John
pswlrw

Re: 5 BR Villa~

Post by pswlrw »

I have stayed at Vistaero 3 times and absolutely love it, but I was told when we there this past May that the house has had a change of ownership and it has been blocked off for renovation. You could check with destinationstjohn.com to see when it might become available again. I am looking forward to see what they do with that amazing space/view but am also fearful it will end up out of my price range.
Paula

byado18

Post by byado18 »

Check out Vida de Mar. http://www.vidademar.com/

Cost is close for summer and they are offering a discount if you book ahead. It's a great villa. You can easily walk to the rocky beach and snorkel or swim!
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

Thanks everyone, I will check out the recommendations.
I contacted Vistaero and was told by the old owner that they didn't feel like the new owners would be renting it out.
We have a couple of teens going but they are 18, 19..so twin beds would be ok, but prob not a sleeper sofa, etc..
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
petepie

Post by petepie »

Too bad about Vistaero. I hope it comes back on the market. While doing research for our trip where we ended up in Vistaero, there were a few I also looked at. We were a group of 12 with 6 little kids so some were rejected due to the bedrooms not being located close enough to each other, but here was my short list of reasonably priced 5 bedroom villas:

Ristaba
Eden's Whim - this one looks great, I'll get there some day :)
Villa Villekula - near the Westin, so if you have older teenagers or young adults, this might work well if they want to head over to the Westin on their own
Avalon
Ambiance
La Papaya
gibber161

Post by gibber161 »

La Papaya may have what you are looking for. 3 king bedrooms and the apartment that has two double bedrooms. A couple of years ago my daughter, who was 19 and her girlfriend stayed in the apartment, which has its own kitchen/dining area and small living room. Perfect for teenagers who want to be just a little bit away from the adults. We stocked their fridge and cupboards with some supplies and they felt like they were on their vacation. Except of course when they had to cram into the jeep to go to the beach or town with the adults. :)
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

Thanks so much Petepie and Gibber...Will def look into those further :D
Gibber...Were the teens close enough to feel safe? Would you be able to hear them if there was trouble, etc?
~Pam~
gibber161

Post by gibber161 »

The apartment is directly below the East master bedroom(where my wife and I slept) and next to the lower king bedroom. I am sure if anything was going on, someone would here something. At one point, we had to ask them to quiet down a little as their giggling voices were carrying up to us. (I think the drinking age is 18 on the island) There are two decks, the upper one for the main area of the villa and the lower one for the apartment and lower king bedroom. It is well shaded on the lower deck without losing the great view. :)
gibber161

Post by gibber161 »

just wanted to add: they walked down to the westin and st john market from the villa, very easy downhill, but quite a workout coming back up the hill. :)
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

Ok thanks so much for the further info~
~Pam~
CHM

Post by CHM »

I second Blue Papaya. We stayed there in May and loved it! It would not be great for 5 couples, but is perfect for 4 couples plus kids or others that don't mind a twin room. Amazing view and sunny pool. Also, Inn Love is a less expensive villa with 5 bedrooms, pool, and hot tub but it doesn't have the elevated view. It is close to town which is nice. We have also looked at booking Great Expectations, but have not yet stayed in this villa.
pjayer

Post by pjayer »

Good morning. We stayed at Villa Caribe four years ago with another couple and our four children. The layout and location of the property were perfect for us. There are five equal bedrooms, three down and two up, each with its own bath. Right before our stay, the property had been completely renovated and everything was in tiptop shape. The kitchen was well stocked, there was plenty of parking for two vehicles, and the managementment company was prompt when we had a few minor problems. My only complaint was that the pool is a bit small, but the view and extra-large deck made up for that. Feel free to pm me if you have specific questions. Best of luck with your search.

http://www.stjohnultimatevillas.com/st- ... -villa.php
When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else. – Mark Twain
myluckydog

Post by myluckydog »

Just a quick comment that vistaero will be back on the rental market after some huge and wonderful updates/upgrades with even more accomadations added...
The name will change but the view will not, and should be up and renting for spring
2014 :D
metalmaho

Post by metalmaho »

stjchica

Post by stjchica »

myluckydog wrote:Just a quick comment that vistaero will be back on the rental market after some huge and wonderful updates/upgrades with even more accomadations added...
The name will change but the view will not, and should be up and renting for spring
2014 :D
Can you clue us in to the new name so we know what to look for and also..how soon will the rental info be available?
~Pam~
myluckydog

Post by myluckydog »

The new reincarnation of Vistaero is Deja View.. The renovations have begun and hopefully will be complete very early in 2014.. Possibly even before.. Keep your fingers crossed.. It will be awesome !!