Caneel Bay second week of Dec

Travel discussion for St. John
ellena

Caneel Bay second week of Dec

Post by ellena »

Hi All,

We have stayed at Gallows and Caneel before and are deciding between them for this trip. Caneel will reopen Nov 1 under new ownership, but Rosewood reservations has little info on this. The rates are quite low ( for Caneel) at this time-I don't know if it is the time or new intro rates.Would you folks have concerns booking under these circumstances. Also, does anyone know if Caneel has any chairs you can take when you explore other beaches?

Thanks for any help. Ellen
Jumbiegirl

Re: Caneel Bay second week of Dec

Post by Jumbiegirl »

Caneel doesn't have chairs you can take that I know of. I stayed there this summer.
Trip #14 comes June 11, 2015!!
ellena

Post by ellena »

thanks!
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

I wouldn't have reservations about booking the trip. I think the period up until mid-Dec was always priced as low season (or mid-season). From everything I have read, the current management team remains in place.

I am interested in seeing how this transition plays out, we are playing a 2015 trip there.

I am a big Caneel fan but I will say, the last time we stayed there (2010), it seemed like Rosewood was struggling in certain areas. There were some significant maintenance issues and quirky service issues that were beyond island-time attitude.

We ate at the resort a couple of times in February and it looked like there was an increase in staffing. I noticed what appeared to be management-level employees jumping into help the wait staff.
ellena

Post by ellena »

ok thanks! We booked it so I will let everyone know how it goes. We were there 2 years ago and quite happy! Ellen