Boat Charter Advice

Travel discussion for St. John
BuffaloGal

Boat Charter Advice

Post by BuffaloGal »

Hi. Looking for advice on a good day trip charter. Last year, we went with Nauti Nymph and had a great time. However, we're looking for someone who will pick us up earlier and/or stay out later. In other words, we're willing to pay more for a longer day. Anybody know of any of the boat rental places that will do that?
KTinTX

Re: Boat Charter Advice

Post by KTinTX »

BuffaloGal,
Guess it depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for a more personalized trip, small group of just your party, then I definitely recommend Capt. John if Palm Tree Charters. But the "stay out longer"comment confuses me a little. If you have ventures to the BVIs during the day, your return time is dictated by US Customs/Immigration hours. Arrive too late there and get stuck in line forever. If you are staying purely in US waters, maybe someone will stay out later than happy hour...I can't help you there other than to just ask them.
KT
BuffaloGal

Post by BuffaloGal »

Thanks. Yes, we're looking for someone who will stay out later once we return from BVI.
bchbum82

Post by bchbum82 »

If you are wanting to go on a sail boat, I highly recommend Singing Dog Sailing (Singingdogsailing.com). They have a large 45' catamaran. Stephen and Kelly are both captains and very knowledgeable of the waters and marine life. They will work with you on whatever you would like to do.
Barb Y

Post by Barb Y »

Ditto on Singing Dog! Capt's Kelly and Stephen are awesome and I believe are very flexible with their schedules to accomodate your wishes. Love them!
equineannie

Post by equineannie »

Kekoa, great crew and owner, wonderful catamaran.