Treasure Ridge Villa - Lazylane - are you there?

Travel discussion for St. John
AquaGirl

Treasure Ridge Villa - Lazylane - are you there?

Post by AquaGirl »

My first, second and third choices of villas are booked for our timeframe, so I am "on the hunt" again. Looking at Treasure Ridge and saw some helpful info on VIOL from papabou. It sounds like it has awesome views, which is very important to us. The pool is a small wally pool which is not our fav, but less important than the views. I saw a thread where Lazylane said they booked it for Dec 2012, then a follow up saying they really liked it, except for hard beds.

Lazylane (or anyone who stayed at Treasure Ridge) - are you out there? I am curious about this villa because there are so few pictures on-line. Sometimes a lack of pictures can mean an experience of "oh...now I see why there were no pictures". Is this villa ok? I notice there are no pictures of the bathrooms. We don't need a fancy bathroom, but want to make sure they are decent.

Is the covered deck shady most of the day? I expect it would start to get sun in the late afternoon, due to the direction it faces. Do you get great sunsets from there?

Any details on your stay at Treasure Ridge would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Mark

Re: Treasure Ridge Villa - Lazylane - are you there?

Post by Mark »

Hi Bill, we rented Treasure Ridge last November for 10 Days and totally enjoyed our stay. The great views range from St Croix and St Thomas with the deck positioned straight at where the sun sets in November. The house is well equipped with all of the normal amenities. There are 2 bedrooms in the main living area and one downstairs. The bathrooms are fine, no issues at all. The upstairs bedrooms are located to the left & right as you enter the home with the kitchen and living room facing the views and with access to the upper deck. The house is directly above Villa Alessandra on Rock Ridge Road. If you visit the web site for the Alessandra you will get an idea of the views and keep in mind that Treasure Ridge is higher up. We will absolutely rent the home again.
lazylane

Re: Treasure Ridge Villa - Lazylane - are you there?

Post by lazylane »

Good morning! We loved Treasure Ridge and the views are fabulous for sunsets!! The pool gets sun most of the day and the covered veranda was great all day with shade. This was the first time we had stayed in Chocolate Hole and we are going back again in December to approximately the same area. (not that I wouldn't rent Treasure Ridge again, but we find it fun to try a different one each year!!) The beds may be personal preference, but we loved the king size beds. My favorite part was seeing Hart Bay and listening to the waves come ashore. Make sure you take a walk down there if you rent it!! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it at all. Lots of pics here and the pics are exactly what you get!! It is almost to the end of Rock Ridge Rd. (just past the Westin) so it is a quiet and private location also. The bathrooms were very adequate, no complaints there! Nice open walk-in shower, ensuite.

http://www.destinationstjohn.com/home.p ... re%20Ridge