What does your forum name mean?

Travel discussion for St. John
lprof

Re: What does your forum name mean?

Post by lprof »

Mine is a rather silly choice.. lprof
l for Linda and prof because I am married to UF Prof (who was here before me)
... no longer a stranger to paradise
Puddlejumper

Post by Puddlejumper »

I had a house on the water in Bath, NC. Had to name the jet ski something. My dad suggested 'Puddlejumper'. I also did a bit of flying, so the two went together. This happened in the early internet days. Puddlejumper has stuck with me ever since.
ToonMann

Post by ToonMann »

I worked at a radio station in Indiana in the late 60s, and one of my jobs was to run the control board and read the news during a Sunday afternoon Classical music show. One Sunday, the show's host decided to go across the street to grab a burger while one of the longer pieces was playing. Well, he didn't make it back in time, so when the piece ended I opened the mic and "back-announced" the piece, read the news and played a few taped commercials. When the host got back, he realized that his timing had been off and that I had stepped in to save the day. Naturally, he was curious about what I said in my back-announce. When I told him, rather than thank me, he said, "Tune? You called Tchaikovsky's 'Peter and the Wolf' a tuuuuuuuunnnnne?"
silverheels

Post by silverheels »

Funny to look at this old thread. So many of those who replied are no longer around the forum.
Signing off:
Shalimar Godiva!
stingrat

Post by stingrat »

long ago I tried to use the handle stingray. It was taken so I moved one key to the left on the last letter and wallah :mrgreen: a legend is born, lol.
High in the rockies?
toes in the sand

Post by toes in the sand »

I am a Van Halen fan,

Now I'm a-seaside sittin'
Just a-smokin' and a-drinkin', I'm ringside
On top of the world
I got a drink in my hand, I got my toes in the sand
All I need, is a beautiful girl

Besides, I like to sink my toes in the sand :D
"got a drink in my hand and my toes in the sand"
ironman417

Post by ironman417 »

I am a uion ironworker and proud of it.
I can bend steel with my hands and cut steel with fire or weld it together. I can install steel in the air and in the ground and in concrete. Steel is in my blood.
I've been an ironworker for 51 years working out of Union Local #417.
I love St. John....Al
sabalpom

Post by sabalpom »

My forum name is Sabalpom, named for my beautiful, sable-colored pomeranian, Jasmine Sabal & also for a type of palm tree here in Florida. I lost my precious girl 6/15/12, a week before my 3rd trip to STJ. (Thankful she didn't pass while I was in STJ). For me, there will always be a special memory for me & her in STJ. I donated her collar, harness & some medicine to the ACC. As I was walking to pick up my rental jeep that morning before heading to the ACC, I saw a bumper sticker that read "Be kind to Sable" (although spelled differently). Brought tears to my eyes as it does now, happy tears. She was with me in spirit. I had a fabulous time as always & ended up adopting a dog from the ACC in 8/12/12, his name is Benji (aka Bogey). He is such a joy & still on island time, so carefree & happy! Looking forward to my 5th trip again in June/2014 which I booked as soon as I got back this past summer!! :D
GidgetPicklebrain

Post by GidgetPicklebrain »

12 years ago I quit smoking with the support of the forums on Quitnet. The day I joined up, someone posted a thread to serve as a distraciton from our communal cravings. It was an exerpt from a children's book invovling someone named "Captain Underpants" and was one of thosw word lists where you use the first initial of your first name, the first intial of your last nam and last initial of your last name to find your captain Underpants name or some such. Mine turned out to be Gidget Pickle Brain. I loved it so much I adopted it as my user name there and have used it as my user name on every other forum I have participated in since.

Thus far I have never encountered a registration process anywhere that told me my requested user name was unavailable. I am the one and only Gidget Picklebrain on the internet (as far as I know).
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. - Confucius

Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

Well, I got my first Irish Wolfhound in 1987. I am currently the Mom of three.
augie

Post by augie »

To quote Rajesh Koothrapali, "well hung billionaire with wings".

:twisted:
Come see us!
scoob

Post by scoob »

I am Scooby Doo, got the nickname during pledging for a fraternity (ZAP)40 years ago.
My better half is a sorority sister of mine....(AXO)
Just a few years ago, I figured out how I got the nickname....
Scooby Doo is a chicken s..t and is afraid of everything...
and so was I during the pledging !!
It was worth it...

Scoob
Pickle

Post by Pickle »

"Pickle" is one of many nicknames that my husband calls me. He likes playing around with sound. So all the nicknames he created for me have no meanings as most are made-up words. It seems that he picks whichever nickname/sound he feels like calling me at that moment and I respond to whatever (good thing he never calls me bad names).

I chose "Pickle" for my forum name because it's one of the very few "short" and "can be found in a dictionary" names - to keep it sort of simple. It really has no meaning behind it… and that's the meaning of my forum name.

Let me say that the nickname "Pickle" has grown on me quite a bit over the years because of this forum. Although it still has no meaning behind it, it now means a lot to me… especially, when I meet someone on St. John and he/she calls me "Pickle". Makes me smile and realize it is my name.
LynnieGirl

Post by LynnieGirl »

My middle name is Lynn. When I was a baby my mother called me LynnieGirl, she still does sometimes :D

I've got the No Ticker Blues...

~Tammy
seagrape

Post by seagrape »

Seagrape - The place I'm happiest - sitting on my porch swing up on Seagrape Hill, overlooking beautiful Coral Bay.