Tillet Garden/Rhoda's Guest House

Travel discussion for St. Thomas
Joppa

Tillet Garden/Rhoda's Guest House

Post by Joppa »

This will be our first trip spending anytime on St.Thomas. We are staying one night on our way to St.John. I remember reading about an artist village somewhere on St.Thomas. I started researching and found it. Tillett Garden. Has anybody ever visited? There is actually a guest house there that has me intrigued. Has anyone ever stayed there, at Rhoda's guest house?
NIPGBK1

Re: Tillet Garden/Rhoda's Guest House

Post by NIPGBK1 »

Hello Joppa,
We stayed at Rhoda's Guest House since we had such an early morning flight home from STJ. What a great idea that turned out to be. We stayed in a private room at Rhoda's and loved it. Not fancy, as it is an old Dutch home, but loaded with character and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Tillett Gardens is like a cool oasis in the middle of busy STT. The food and drinks at the restaurant were very good, and visiting the quaint shops give you something to do. It is right on the taxi line, so getting to the airport is no problem. It's about half way from Red Hook to the airport. Enjoy your trip, and if you stay at Rhoda's, tell them Shirley from Florida says hello! :D
Joppa

Post by Joppa »

Thanks Shirley. I am leaning towards staying there. We are staying on our way to St.John. We plan on getting up in the morning and doing the Zip Line tour then a beach. We are hoping they will be able to hold our luggage while we do those things and then we can pick it up on the way to Red Hook.
NIPGBK1

Post by NIPGBK1 »

We went to Lindquist beach when we stayed there. What a beautiful, quiet beach!! Sssshhh, don't tell anyone, though... :lol: I normally think of STT as only a stepping stone to get to STJ, but this was a jewel! This will be the first year in seven I won't be going. Already crying...have fun for me too!!
Joppa

Post by Joppa »

We stayed at Rhoda's guest house for one night and it was great. We would stay there again. It was clean and had a fun vibe with lots of character. We spent some time with Abigail talking about the history of Tillet Gardens. My son had actually bought us a painted map of the USVI's several years ago. It turns out it was painted by Jim Tillet the founder of TIllet Gardens. It's located Tutu not far from the mall so it's a pretty busy area but The Garden is like an Oasis in the middle of it all. We were only there for a few hours and will go back sometime and spend a few days, hopefully when there is a show at the Theater.
NIPGBK1

Post by NIPGBK1 »

Hi Joppa,
So glad you enjoyed your stay at Rhoda's Guest House as much as we did. I think it's one of those places that you either get it or you don't. Hope you and your family have a wonderful summer.
NIPGBK1