Update available on STJ death ?

Travel discussion for St. John
philbetm

Update available on STJ death ?

Post by philbetm »

Has anyone heard/read yet what the name of the man was that was found deceased on Boatman Road. I really am concerned...I know a couple of people that lives on that road.

Thanks, Sherry
" I believe there's Magic here...."
Lovermont

Re: Update available on STJ death ?

Post by Lovermont »

Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

Here is an update of the investigation:

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/article/ ... ck_check=1
dreamshark

Post by dreamshark »

Okay, so here's what I don't get. How can someone successfully steal a car on St. John? It's a very small island. If the police were looking for the vehicle in connection with a murder, how long could it possibly take them to find it? Sure, it might have gone to St. Thomas on the car ferry, but St. Thomas isn't a very big island either.
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

The NJ News 12 story has quite a few comments about corruption of the STJ and STT police. I cannot say they were at all helpful, in fact they were downright hostile to us when we needed their help once, a few years ago, on a comparatively miniscule matter. I cannot fathom what this poor family is going through.
mfaughey

Post by mfaughey »

This was just on the NYC local news tonight, the victim is originally from this area (NJ). Hope that the family gets answers soon, and can begin closure, as much as possible.....
verjoy

Post by verjoy »

It looks like calling in the FBI will be the only way the parents might receive justice. The way they have been treated by the St John police is disgraceful.
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

Agent99 wrote:The NJ News 12 story has quite a few comments about corruption of the STJ and STT police. I cannot say they were at all helpful, in fact they were downright hostile
Corruption is quite a different issue than 'helpful' or even 'hostile'.
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

Not sure why but I thought the STJ police would be less corrupt than some of the other islands. Although I have never seen them out and about on STJ. It would be kind of nice to see them walking around Cruz Bay at night. They could be casual in shorts and tshirts or something but it would just be nice to know they were present and would do something if there was an issue. This whole situation is heartbreaking for that family.
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

Not sure why but I thought the STJ police would be less corrupt than some of the other islands. Although I have never seen them out and about on STJ. It would be kind of nice to see them walking around Cruz Bay at night as well as patroling other areas of the island. They could be casual in shorts and tshirts or something but it would just be nice to know they were present and would do something if there was an issue. This whole situation is heartbreaking for that family.
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

by Exit Zero » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:40 am

Corruption is quite a different issue than 'helpful' or even 'hostile'.
Absolutely agree and did not suggest otherwise. But they are certainly not mutually exclusive.

It's easy to opine from afar, but I do wonder about the complaints of corruption in the government of the USVI. Granted, many of those in positions to allow corruption are appointed and not elected- Chief of Police for example and those who approve illegal development for a price. There are elected officials responsible for these appointments. They can be held accountable.