Favorite Place for Breakfast Near the CA Ferry?

Travel discussion for St. Thomas
peacenjoy

Favorite Place for Breakfast Near the CA Ferry?

Post by peacenjoy »

We will be delivering one of our party to the airport on a Saturday morning.
Staying on St. John and arriving on the 9:30 Charlotte Amalie ferry. Using the 3 hours pre-flight rule will give us about 1 1/2 hours to find a great going away breakfast before making our way to the airport.
If it were you, where would you eat? There will be four of us, relying on taxis.
Thank you.
Life is good .....
scoob

Re: Favorite Place for Breakfast Near the CA Ferry?

Post by scoob »

We like the Delly Deck in Havensight for breakfast and it would fit your time schedule.
Or Tickles in Crown Bay (think they serve breakfast) and is on the way to airport.
Scoob
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

Between the ferry and the airport is Frenchtown and on Sat. there is a legendary brunch spot. Bella Blu!
Read the brunch menu here : I recommend it.

http://www.bellabludining.com/brunch.php

Tickles does serve brunch and you can eat outside along the marina and see the yachts.
peacenjoy

Post by peacenjoy »

Thank you both for your suggestions! It's nice to have tried and true options.

It looks like Bella Blu opens at 10, which may leave us a bit pressed for time if it is a packed house, on island time. That New Orleans omelet is calling my name, though, so we'll have to make it a point to visit at the end of our stay.

Exit Zero, I did print your Frenchtown list, as we will have four days on St Thomas before we all head home, and it appears there are some fantastic food options. Thanks for sharing all of that information.

Scoob, Delly Deck looks like a winner. I've seen it mentioned quite a bit, so it must be good. I think we'll give this one a try.
Thanks again, for your help.
Life is good .....
watergirl

Post by watergirl »

Whenever we're in CA we make a point of going to Glady's Cafe in, I think the Royal Dane's shopping center. It's a short walk from the CA ferry. The food is great and so is the ambiance, especially when there are no cruise ships around. I know they open early but don't know if they have a specific breakfast menu.
peacenjoy

Post by peacenjoy »

Thank you watergirl. Now we have three great choices. Gladys' has a lot of fans it looks like, and is easy to get to.
I'm glad we will have a few days at the end of our visit to explore these other options.
We love to walk, and it is nice to know what is walkable and what we will need a ride to get to. We'll need to work off some of the good food from this trip I'm sure.
Life is good .....
2beachbums

Post by 2beachbums »

We love Bumpa's for breakfast. My favorite is the french toast with peanut butter, banana slices and honey! It's not fancy but everything is homemade! It's on the water not too far from the CA ferry.
scoob

Post by scoob »

Friends that left island Saturday had a great breakfast at Pickles.
And she is very picky.. too get a great review from her ...
is HUGE !!
Upstate NY humor !!

Scoob