You think your airfare is high!

Travel discussion for St. John
cuey12

You think your airfare is high!

Post by cuey12 »

I thought I would do another trip to St John this year after sending the little one off to college. Airfare from Syracuse is $9880 yes this is not a typo. I checked for Sept 1-9. Looked over all of Sept and Oct. The lowest was a little over $5,000.(coach) I called USAir thinking it was an error. It was not. I checked other cities in short driving distance and they were all the same. Talk about sticker shock!!
peacenjoy

Re: You think your airfare is high!

Post by peacenjoy »

Ouch!!! That's wild. I feel pretty good about what we paid now. :D

I did find a one way, on Delta, for our dates in March, after I had already booked. $11,340.00 No joke as well, but they didn't last long and rates were back to normal in a couple of days. Keep trying, and I hope you find some great fares to get you there.
Life is good .....
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

I'm sure something is wrong...its got to be...I'd check back in a day or 2 and see what it is...but in the meantime...I found it on Delta for your dates for 533.63 with 1 stop and the times are not too terrible get to STT at 12:45 pm...JetBlue has it for 494.02 but with 2 stops...and if US Air has not made a mistake in their listing...somebody has lost their mind..Hope this helps !!!

Go to Orbitz.com...thats where I found it..:)
[/url]
equineannie

Post by equineannie »

Could be a result of the American/US Air merger...Try American and see what happens.
inuny

Post by inuny »

I also fly out of Syracuse (or JFK, ewr, phl) and plan to come in September. I haven't checked flights yet, but those prices are way too high. Once I pick which flights I prefer , I track them with yapta.com . Yapta sends alerts when the price drops.
jofus

Post by jofus »

I just checked AA for depart 9/1 return 9/9 from JFK to STT. Non stop round trip for 1 person was $356 coach $754 business. All others listed had transfer in miami, they ranged $363 coach to $761 business. :o Go figure??? flights with transfer are usually cheaper. For those prices its worth the drive to JFK from Syracuse! I think those coach seats are cheaper than any flights I've ever booked, on or off season!

jofus
loria

Post by loria »

i searched those dates from syracuse on Kayak.com and got $534 on delta-- traveling thru JFK.
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
scoob

Post by scoob »

I think someone is doing an early April fools on us !!
I fly out of Syracuse to STT and even at high season (Presidents weeks) the airfare was a reasonable $1150.
And that's being royally screwed !
The airfare usually runs around 500 to 600 normally for non holiday weeks.

Scoob
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

I just looked again out of curiosity and its still showing 9879.00 on US Air with 12 hrs to get there... :shock: ...400+on Jet Blue. I bet they haven't they havent sold many seats...lol
[/url]