favorite beach reads for kindle

Travel discussion for St. John
Capn Dan and Ruby

favorite beach reads for kindle

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

Don't like packing lots of books so I am bringing my Kindle. I have purchased 4 books at this time. I would like some suggestions. I want something light. I don't like scary stuff... I like island stuff. Occasionally into a sleazy romance. (Sets the mood... hubba hubba :twisted: ) What are some suggestions?
Lindy

Re: favorite beach reads for kindle

Post by Lindy »

OK, this is not a "short" read by any means, but it is entirely entertaining and has plenty of the "hubba hubba" factor. Do you like rugged red headed Scottish men in kilts with nothing underneath???? I have been totally absorbed by the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. It is a book series originally published in the 1990's but she's continued the series and an 8th book in the series is coming out sometime this year. Be forewarned that each book is lengthy....like 700 pages plus, but they hold your attention without a doubt. They sound bizarre when you try to describe them....time travel, historical, romance, action....but the cable channel STARZ has a miniseries coming out sometime this summer based on the books so you KNOW they must have some mass appeal! I got my husband hooked on them...although he curses me everyday because he can't stop reading but hates how long it takes to complete each book.(What can I say, he was a James Bond afficionado so thinks everything should be concluded in 100 pages or less!!) If you don't mind something that you can't finish during your week of vacation give them a try.
lovest.john

Post by lovest.john »

I love Janet Evanovich. Her Stephanie Plum (female bounty hunter) series is great. Funny, definitely light reading. Start with One For The Money.
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

Oh, I like the sound of Outlander! Wings up tomorrow morning for us! I think I'll try to find it on my last day scramble!
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

Oh, I like the sound of Outlander! Wings up tomorrow morning for us! I think I'll try to find it on my last day scramble!
Capn Dan and Ruby

Wow! These sound great. I do have Two weeks so I will check them out. :D
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

I love Janet Evanovich also!! Characters are great!! I also like Nora Roberts for light romantic reads! Stuart Woods is another favorite with Stone Barrington character.
hotrns

Post by hotrns »

I read "UNDOCUMENTED VISITORS IN A PIRATE SEA" by Jeffrey Roswell McCord. It is somewhat scifi but it all takes place on St John. A very enjoyable read!
Capn Dan and Ruby

Hmmmm sounds really interesting. :)
cjroyer

Post by cjroyer »

Here are some of my fav's:
Jill Shalvis - Fun, romantic type reads
Robyn Carr - Virgin River series is great
Brenda Novak - Great writer
cocosmom

Post by cocosmom »

Got to second Robyn Carr's Virgin River Series and Stuart Woods books ( the ones with Stone)
cocosmom

Post by cocosmom »

Donna Macdonald's series on Dating a_________.
SuefromMA

Post by SuefromMA »

Thanks, guys!

I just ordered the "Pirate Sea" one. Sounds cool. Course, had to pay 2 day shipping.... But, Oh well!!!

Wheels up on Thursday!!

Sue
Capn Dan and Ruby

SuefromMA wrote:Thanks, guys!

I just ordered the "Pirate Sea" one. Sounds cool. Course, had to pay 2 day shipping.... But, Oh well!!!

Wheels up on Thursday!!

Sue
I am going for a Kindle book, so If I can get it on Kindle, I won't have to wait for it to ship. :D All of these ideas look great, My book will may be high, but I will defiantly have a good choice and maybe books for later.