Villa search 4 couples and one 11 year old

Travel discussion for St. John
momto3boys

Villa search 4 couples and one 11 year old

Post by momto3boys »

Trying to find a. Villa for next February or March. We are open to a 4 bedroom with loft or sleeper sofa for the 11 year old. Just not in one of the bedrooms. 5 bedroom wouldbe preferred. Our budget is not large because we are treating for the villa and the cost is not being split. Trying to stay around 7k.

We really want a view, pool and bedroom a/c.

We have found 2 possibilties.
Riley's Retreat and Crystal Seaview.

Anyone know of these or have anyother suggestions?

We just got back less than 2 weeks ago and are already planning to share the island with our extended family next trip. Just want it to be as nice as possible.
indianaizzy

Re: Villa search 4 couples and one 11 year old

Post by indianaizzy »

Check out Ciellodonna in Chocolate Hole. It has 4 bedrooms and a loft suitable for an 11 year old. It also has wonderful outdoor areas.
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

We stayed at DeBolina on Ajax Peak a couple years ago. 5 bedrooms (1 loft), 5 baths, fabulous views. There are steps to the entrance, but otherwise very comfy and very reasonable rates!!!
http://www.windspree.com/home.php/11/DeBolina/
Jumbiegirl

Post by Jumbiegirl »

Trip #14 comes June 11, 2015!!
momto3boys

Post by momto3boys »

We wish Chateau Margot was in our price range.

Ceillodona looks nice. My only concern may be that it is too close to water. Might make the mosquitoes worse.

Debolina villa looks real nice. I know nothing about Ajax peak though. How do you access it? Looks like it might be up behind Skinny legs. How is that location? We have stayed in Calabash Boom area. Looking for something more central for our guests this trip, or near Cruz Bay. Not sure which will be better. Our favorite beaches were Francis and Maho.
Lindy

Post by Lindy »

Check out Virgin Seabreeze if you don't plan on hanging around in Cruz Bay every night. It's out on Reef Bay so it's a 20 minute or so drive into town, but it has a large comfortable and covered outdoor area with gorgeous views that would be perfect for a family group. There is a small loft with a day bed that would be large enough to accommodate an 11 year old. If you congregate in the outdoor area you won't keep him/her up too late. Although.... if you're like me after a day of sun, snorkeling and a few adult beverages, the 11 year old would be able to stay awake longer! You can walk to Reef Bay Beach from the villa and it's almost like having a private beach to yourself. We only saw a few locals there who came to surf. The water is rougher there, so you'd only want to swim on the calmest days but you can hike down the beach and hit the trail to the petroglyphs and sugar mill ruins if you want to explore.
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

I know nothing about Ajax peak though. How do you access it?
It's super easy...it's right across the road from the smoothie truck at the intersection of Centerline and North Shore Roads.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
islandjo2010

Post by islandjo2010 »

Hello momto3boys and fellow Missourian!

Forum member, sherban and family stayed at Debolina last summer. He posted a review of their stay...checkout the villa review section!

Here are a few others you might want to consider:
You may be able to negotiate a summer rate at Acqua Blu for your stay. We had 12 stay here June of 2012. The media room was a perfect hangout and bedroom for 3 teenage boys. http://www.acquabluvi.com/#
I haven’t stayed at any of these but they may work.
http://www.vrbo.com/168067#
http://www.vrbo.com/349978#
http://www.vrbo.com/423807#

Have fun with your search! :)
Jo
CHM

Post by CHM »

Let me preface by saying I do not know the price for your timeframe, but otherwise Blue Papaya is perfect. It has 4 equal master bedrooms plus a sitting room off one master complete with 2 twins which are made up as daybeds, mini fridge and TV. It is right off the pool but I felt safe with my young kids because the exterior doors lock and are hard to open. There are pocket doors between the master and sitting room. This is a beautiful home with full AC, pool, etc
momto3boys

Post by momto3boys »

Hello Jo,

Fun to find someone from Mo!! Sorry that it has taken me so long to get back. Baseball tournament weekend. Thanks for all of your work for me.
Sweet Surrender may work. I am going to do some more research on that one.

CHM, I am going to research Blue Payaya more as well. I think it is out of our price range. But maybe it will work.

I think my family is sold on the Riley's Retreat. I am a little concerned because the only reviews are on VRBO. Plus, I know nothing about that area. We have always stayed on the Coral Bay side. FIL is hesitant to stay on the that side. To him it sounds to far. Ajax Peak scares him away as well So that makes Debolina out. I think he wants an easy drive. Though I think we will be the only ones driving besides my oldest son.

Trying to please everyone is hard!!

Thank you to everyone for your help.
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

We stayed at Ixora last year. 5 BR / 4 BA, nice big kitchen/dining area for a group to hang out, big pool, and gorgeous view. It's on Ajax Peak Road, just a bit past the smoothie stand on your way to Coral Bay. Great area: easy access to North Shore, not far from South Shore, and close to smoothies. :)

Less than $6k for 9-10 people in high season. http://www.vrbo.com/174584