Car Rental for "under 25"?

Travel discussion for St. John
KathyMN

Car Rental for "under 25"?

Post by KathyMN »

My goddaughter and her new husband will be honeymooning in STJ in December. Unfortunately, they are a few months shy of 25 years old. All of the car rental places I've checked have the caveat that renters must be 25 or older. Does anyone know of an agency on STJ that will rent to a 24 year old, knowing that it's a "special occasion of a honeymoon" ????? Thanks for any help.
jerseygirl062

Re: Car Rental for "under 25"?

Post by jerseygirl062 »

We were able to help my daughter last year ( who didn't have a credit card ) by providing our credit card and showing proof of insurance. She was just of age but I would ask if you were willing to do that. She just reimbursed us for the charge on out credit card. We worked with Discount on St. Thomas and they were lovely and very accommodating. I think we faxed her drivers license info and the rental was in our name with her as an added driver for a small fee.
sunrum

Post by sunrum »

My 23 year old sun had to rent from Budget at the airport. There was also a $25 up-charge for each day.
sunrum

Post by sunrum »

Son
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

My husband and I were in that boat when we honeymooned on STJ 11 years ago. He was able to rent a car through his company's account so there was no age restriction. I'm pretty sure it was Avis, though the last time I checked they didn't have Jeeps, just cars.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
Ed S

Post by Ed S »

Just FYI - Avis does rent 4 door Jeep Wranglers. I rented one this past December, and will be again in 3 weeks. They may sell out quickly, not sure, as to why it may seem like they are not always available. I did specifically inquire about a 2 door for this June, and was told they only have 4 doors.
Image[/url]
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

Good to know that Avis has updated their fleet. It's always nice to have options; we got in the habit of renting from Budget because Avis didn't have Jeeps but Budget has been awful the last few years. I just put in some random dates on Avis' website and there are now several options for Jeeps; it did show that some are sold out but it still listed them as part of the fleet.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain