Three Day Parking in Cruz Bay?

Travel discussion for St. John
J&M

Three Day Parking in Cruz Bay?

Post by J&M »

We are on the one week countdown...so excited! We will arrive in STJ on 5/23 and will be going to Jost on 5/24 to stay until 5/26. Question: where will be the best option to leave our jeep? We like to rent from Budget at the airport so we can have a top down option on island. We have thought about Slim Man's, also the gravel lot down by the barge but don't know if the car will be ok left for three days. Our villa or villa agency can't accommodate us. Any tips appreciated!
News of St. John

Re: Three Day Parking in Cruz Bay?

Post by News of St. John »

Slimman will likely let you park there for the three days. Just ask him what the cost would be. Also ask what time the car needs to be in at night and when they open in the morning, as they put a chain up at night.
Jenn, News of St. John
IA Joe

Post by IA Joe »

I didn't think Budget would let you have the top down either. Aren't they hard tops? If you are just going to park it for 3 days, I would probably just rent on St. John for the days that you need it.

Joe
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

Budget does rent soft top 2-door Jeeps but I don't know of any rental companies that allow tops to be down...they explicitly forbid it because of sudden downpours.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
stjohnjulie

Post by stjohnjulie »

You can park in the gravel lot for up to 72 hours and that is the free option. I am sure that Slim Man and L&L would allow you to park for three days as well, but it will cost, but I am not sure how much. You can call Slim Man at (340) 714-7546 and L & L at (340) 776-1120